Freed

"Damn you all to hell." I was swearing at the three of them as they milled leisurely about the house. Readying for bed.

I rattled the chair so hard it was nearly bouncing across the floor. As I strained against the ropes around my wrists, shoulders, waists, knees and ankles.

Vanquish had said he'd tie me up but somewhere in the back of my mind, I'd thought he was bluffing.

Why the hell did I think that.

Well, it was painfully apparent to me now, that he was not.

It had taken all three of them to hold me into it and wrap the ropes they'd stolen from the camp down the hill, around me.

"Oh, you won't fight but you'll sure as shit steal from them, huh?" I gritted my teeth. Letting my one free hand, turn to claws as I swiped and caught Hunter's elbow.

He yelped and lunged back from reach. Giving me a betrayed look.

Like I'd just stomped on a puppy.

Still, they'd managed to get me bound to the chair. All looking rather satisfied about it after.

Each of them giving me soothing caresses to try and calm me.

I'd been pouring out epithets that would've made a brawler proud.

"Should we gag her?" Racer asked Hunter.

He shook his head. Frowning at me, while still cradling his wounded arm. "I wouldn't. It'll only make her madder. Just stay out of her reach."

Racer leaned down to whisper. "You can always scratch me, Vanna Rae. Long as I'm inside you."

I screeched at him.

He chuckled and scampered from reach just as I got the chair to bounce once after him.

After that, they'd all kept well from my reach.

"You're all motherless, bastards. Useless sons-of-bitches."

"Rage away." Vanquish murmured. Setting a deer fur he'd collected earlier, while Hunter and Racer babysat me, he settled down to watch me.

Making sure I don't go anywhere.

Racer was hanging pieces of the meat and Hunter was cooking a good hunk of loin over the fire.

"It's just about done, Vanna Rae." Hunter assured. Trying to keep the peace. "You're always crabbier when you're hungry."

"I'm a hell of a lot more than hungry, Hunter!"

He winced and ducked his head. Refusing to look over his shoulder again.

Coward.

I was already testing the ropes. Verifying where they felt week and trying to check the knots with my fingertips without tightening them.

Vanquish was an expert at knots, something I should've guessed.

No matter how I moved they only coiled tighter.

Like a snake.

I was still glaring at them all as they laid down for the night.

Making dark promises to myself on how I'd make them all suffer in the next few days.

I had great ideas about depriving them of everything they'd crave.

My teeth were gritted, and I grew madder by the minute. Listening to their even breaths as they slumbered peacefully was only making my anger rise.

That changed quickly to fear as I saw the door beginning to creak. It was opening inch by inch. A foot slid through, but it was clear that the intruder was taking their time to ensure they were as silent as possible.