pg 6

Cloaked in shadows, she made her way to the undisclosed location, surrounded by the faint whispers of the city's secrets. The venue turned out to be an upscale private club, known for hosting only the most exclusive and enigmatic gatherings.  As she entered the dimly lit establishment, her eyes fell upon the room's eclectic mix of characters – powerful crime lords, influential politicians, and mysterious figures cloaked in secrets.  Among them, her gaze locked with those of a man whose piercing eyes seemed to see through her veneer, baring her soul to its core. He exuded a commanding aura that demanded attention and respect.

Unbeknownst to paige, this was Marcello, a man whose reputation in the criminal world equaled her own. He was notorious for his calculated maneuvers and magnetic charm, making him both alluring and dangerous. Their eyes locked, and in that moment, the world around them seemed to blur as an unspoken understanding passed between them. 

Intrigued yet cautious, paige felt an unexpected flutter in her heart – a sensation she had not experienced since her father's passing. As the evening unfolded, their paths continued to cross, and she found herself drawn to the magnetic pull of this enigmatic man, despite knowing the risks that lurked in the shadows.

As paige approaches the bar, she gestures toward the bartender, "Hello, can I have a Rum and Coke plus some red wine?" She asked quietly as she scanned her surroundings when suddenly a mysterious man appeared in front of her. Before he could speak, paige grabbed the rum and coke and handed it over to him. "You seem like the type of guy who drinks rum and coke, so please sit," she requested.  "Good to hear from you paige, glad you could make it." the man said with a stern and yet calm voice. 

Having downed her wine, paige gets up and walks past the crowd toward the corridor, following her every step as he mimics her pace. It was then that paige stopped and turned she knew she was being followed even if she couldn't see him. As paige stepped into her private room, she closed the door behind her, allowing a fleeting moment of solitude before the enigmatic man, Marcello, followed her in. His presence seemed to fill the space, a blend of allure and danger that kept her on edge.