chapter 6: Betrayal

One morning, as paige returned from another encounter with Marcello, Sasha couldn't contain her frustration any longer. "Isabella, where have you been?" she demanded, her voice tinged with anger. paige looked taken aback by Sasha's outburst, her expression torn between guilt and defiance. "I've been busy with the alliance, you know that," she replied, trying to keep her emotions in check.

"But it's more than that, isn't it?" Sasha pressed. "You've been distant, and I can't help but feel like you're pushing me away." paige hesitated, her heart clenching with the weight of Sasha's words. "Sasha, you're like family to me," she said softly. "But there are things I can't share with you. It's for your own safety." 

Sasha's anger grew, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. "I understand the dangers of our world, but that doesn't mean you have to shut me out," she said, her voice cracking. "I thought we were in this together."

Isabella's resolve wavered, and she reached out to comfort Sasha. "We are in this together," she said, her voice filled with sincerity. "But there are aspects of my life that I can't expose you to.

The argument escalated, and Sasha's frustration boiled over. "This is so stupid!" she shouted, tears streaming down her face. "This Marcello guy has changed you, and you're treating me like dirt. Some boss you are!"

Other enforcers gather in the hallway listing to the convocation happy on the other side of the walls, Isabella's patience wore thin, her emotions tangled between everything she ever did for her and  the anger at her friend's accusations. But when Sasha's words turned disrespectful, Isabella's instincts as the boss kicked in. In a moment of anger and frustration, she slapped Sasha across the face, the sound of the impact echoing through the Hallway. Sasha gasped, her hand instinctively rising to her cheek. The silence that followed was filled with tension and regret. Isabella's anger dissolved into remorse, realizing that she had let her emotions get the best of her.

Pg 17