CH-3 BIG MISTAKE

EVERBLOOM GARDEN

THIRD PERSON POV

Rupid opened his eyes 10 minutes later after being slammed on the ground.

Beside him was Marciline.

Rupid quickly got up and roughly grabbed Marciline.

" Where's she!??" He asked angrily.

" T-The demon lord...?" Marciline asked meekly.

" Who else, idiot!?" Rupid roared angrily.

" S-She escaped. T-The runeguard knights tried to stop her but she killed anyone who blocked her path." Marciline explained.

Rupid looked around furiously.

Albert was lying on the ground unconscious though his wounds had got healed by Marciline.

Erica was sitting on the flowerbed, silent.

" Erica! What the hell happened to you back then!!? Why did you started crying like a wimp!?" Rupid asked angrily.

Erica gave no response.

" C-Calm down, sir. I am sure Erica saw something none of us could..." Marciline tried to reason with the hero.

" Calm down!!? It took so much time and effort to create this team and prepare the army and we still couldn't cut down that damned demon!! How can I calm down!!?" Rupid thundered.

" She has escaped. Every second she lives, hundreds of innocent humans die." Rupid muttered in anger.

" Don't lose hope, hero. We can still find the demon lord." A Runeguard knight said as he approached Rupid.

However, Rupid's death stare made the knight slowly retreat back towards his group.

" I shouldn't have brought women in this mission. Your hearts were never strong enough for this ultimate challenge." Rupid muttered in irritation as he looked at Erica and then at Marciline.

" So this is what a true hero is. Blaming others for not getting what he wanted." Magnus muttered as he walked towards Rupid.

" You are the one to talk!! Where were you when you were needed the most!?" Rupid cried angrily.

" I got hurt trying to protect someone while you got hurt for not getting what you wanted!!" Magnus shouted angrily, silencing Rupid.

" When you woke up, did you ask how Erica was!? Did you ask how many knights we lost today!!? Do you even care for anything else except the mission!?" Magnus asked angrily.

Rupid simply looked at the ground, unable to answer.

" I joined you not because of your strength but because I thought that you were a true hero. Seems like that was only a title afterall." Magnus muttered in disappointmen before walking away.

" Come Marciline, we might still find the demon lord's whereabouts if we get lucky." Magnus said.

Marciline quickly walked towards Magnus and the two began leaving for the Everbloom forest.

" Wait...lemme join you guys as well." Albert muttered as he woke up and streched his neck.

" Woah, you recovered quite fast. Your injuries were pretty bad." Marciline mumbled.

" I am tougher than you think." Albert muttered as he rose up and walked towards the two elite class warriors.

He looked back at Rupid for a moment.

" You were a great warrior in this battle."

" But a poor hero." Albert said before the three of them left, leaving Rupid speechless and disheartened.