CH-27 BOUNTY PARTY

LATE AFTERNOON

HIKARU VILLAGE

THIRD PERSON POV

Akaar was in the barn near the village elder's house, petting an orange cow.

The giant and gentle cow rubbed her nose against his hand.

Akaar smiled and scratched it horns.

" Oh so you know that cows love getting scratched there." The elder's wife said as she milked another cow.

" Yeah, I got to know from one of the people of my village. Poor things can't reach there to relieve themselves." Akaar said, continuing to pet the cow.

Then he asked,

" Don't you have a son?"

The elder's wife went silent for a while.

She took the bucket filled with milk and walked out of the barn.

Akaar too walked out of the barn.

Liege was smoking again outside, watching the kids playing catch with a ball.

" Where's the demon lord?" Akaar asked Liege.

" She went to the forest to bath in its river. Said that she wanted to get out of this village for a while." Liege replied.

" She is acting weird ever since she arrived here, isn't she?" Akaar asked.

" Can't deny that, mate. She looked at the old couple and mumbled something before leaving. No idea what she said." Liege said.

Akaar looked around.

He began walking away.

" Where ya going?" Liege asked.

" To find that damn demon." Akaar replied.

" If she finds you watching her bath, you are a dead man." Liege said.

" Huh, already did that and lived." Akaar muttered before walking away.

Liege almost swallowed his cigar in shock.

" Kid has got guts. He won't have them for long if he tries his luck again and again against her." Liege thought, blowing the smoke.

IN THE FOREST

The demon lord was bathing in the river.

Only her head and a bit of shoulder were above the water.

She was thinking about something.

Her eyes were wide opened and tired.

" What a....bad coincidence." She mumbled.

" Should have left this village today only." She thought.

The demon lord got up and wiped her body with a towel.

She heard rustle of grass.

The demon lord covered her body with a towel.

" I know someone's here. Come out in 5 seconds or I won't be responsible for what happens next." The demon lord muttered.

No reply.

She sighed.

She jumped out of the river at a lighting pace, broke through the nearby tree with her hand and grabbed the throat of a man hiding behind it!!

" Now tell me, who are you?" The demon lord muttered.

The man was shaking in fear.

" I-I am just a passerby-"