CH-24 HUNTING THE WOLF

SOMETIME LATER

THIRD PERSON POV

Akaar returned to the inn by taking a ride from a wagon.

The 3 knights will receive a proper funeral just tomorrow in the cemetery of the glory grounds.

Akaar had been invited thought it wasn't Captain Elsa but a knight who invited him.

Captain Elsa didn't want to talk to him at all but Akaar couldn't face her either.

He walked inside the inn and went upstairs.

As Akaar opened the door of his room, he saw Neo sitting there on a bed.

He got up and hugged Akaar.

Neo wanted to speak something to him but couldn't.

He sighed before muttering,

" That demon wanted to talk to you."

Neo walked out of Akaar's room.

Akaar too walked out of the room and went straight into the demon lord's room.

There he saw her packing stuff.

She had almost completed the packing when her eyes went on Akaar.

" Heard some knights got ambushed and killed? Where were you? Playing vengeance games?" She asked with a smirk.

Then she muttered,

" I have been recognized but I got the info I needed though it isn't much. We are leaving this city tomorrow for sure."

Akaar just stared at the demon lord.

The demon lord sighed and muttered,

" Just spit out what you want."

Akaar remained silent for a while.

Then he asked,

" Am I really nothing.....without my class?"

" I never lie or spit out nonsense in anger. My answer remains the same. You have no big value without your class. Now stop wasting time and pack up your clothes." The demon lord muttered.

Akaar walked out of the room and went straight to his bedroom.

There he laid on the bed with his eyes wide open.

" Why.....why can't I be more helpful? Nah...its not my way. I mind my own business. I don't care who dies or suffers its all fine as long as I am fine....." Akaar thought.

" I....don't need to impress anyone. Trying too hard for....nothing. I don't need Captain Elsa's praise and I certainly won't be affected that demon bitch's words." Akaar thought.

Liege's words flashed in his mind.

" Even if the hero tells you that you have no value without your class, remember that if you didn't deserve this class, this class wouldn't have chosen you at the first place."

Akaar slowly closed his eyes.

And went to sleep.

2 HOURS LATER

Akaar was woken up by a kick that knocked him off his bed.

As Akaar slowly rubbed his head, he saw the demon looking down at him in anger.

" Is sleeping and licking that Captain's boots all you know?" She muttered in irritation.

Akaar didn't reply.

" I have a job for you since you will stay still like a sloth without any pressure. Fetch me woolen quilts from the market. Make sure you buy the thick ones. Winter is at peak now so we will need them." The demon lord muttered.