CH-44 FORCED HAND

NEXT DAY

MORNING

Liege and Yori were outside the Kinzoku castle, packing up the stuff in the new wagon.

" Thanks for the new wagon. Really thought we would have to travel on horses now." Liege said.

" Shogun was the one who destroyed the wagon. Of course we would compensate for it." Yori said with a laugh.

As Liege stuffed a giant pile of blankets inside the wagon, he wiped his sweat and looked up at the sky where the sun was shinning.

" Summer's here. Days are looking brighter now." He muttered.

" Of course they are." Yori said with a calm smile.

MEANWHILE

INSIDE THE KINZOKU CASTLE

The demon lord and Akaar were standing right at the exit of the castle, waiting for the shogun.

Akaar nervously avoided eye contact with the demon lord who still seemed to be pissed off.

Arashi finally arrived there with a bag of something.

" I believe these belong to you. Quite precious, I can guess." He said with a smile.

The demon lord was surprised as the shogun revealed the daggers that were inside the bag.

" When did you find them?" She asked.

" Right after the explosion incident at the sakura inn. The Kinzou warriors found these while searching the area for evidence. Surprisingly, they weren't harmed by the flames at all but their handles were burnt. I got them repaired since I believed that such strong weapon would be precious to you." Arashi said before handing over the daggers to the demon lord.

" Yes, they are made from the warsaw metal." She replied.

" Heard about that metal in books. Never got to see it but now it all makes sense. Afterall, no human can travel to the core of the earth." Arashi said with a laugh.

" I guess its time we bid farewell." He said.

" For now." Akaar said with a smile.

" Yes yes. Lets meet again once this mess of yours gets sorted out." Arashi said with a smile.

The demon lord walked out of the castle but Akaar remained still.

He looked at Arashi nervously.

" Any questions, Akaar?" Arashi asked.

" Well, I do have one. Do you really have no regrets in setting her free?" He asked.

" Whose side are you on?" Arashi asked with a chuckle.

" I-I don't mean to fill anyone's ears with poison but I expected you to have some.....feud with her. Afterall, the previous demon lord killed your...." Akaar muttered quietly.

Arashi sighed.

He closed his eyes and muttered,

" My grandfather was an asshole. He had it coming."

" Huh!?" Akaar exclaimed in shock.

Arashi turned his back towards Akaar and explained,

" My father told me everything about my grandad's last battle. The demon lord was never the one who made the first move. My grandfather had realized about the ample of warsaw metal that was buried deep inside a land. A land that fell under the demon lord's territory. My grandfather in all his wisdom decided to seize that land without even thinking how he would actually extract the metal from it. Even the previous ruler of Runeguard at that time suggested grandfather not to pick a fight with the demon lord but like all the shogun in my lineage, he was too prideful to listen. The battle took place in the forest near the Hoperay city."