CH-13 HIDDEN MOTIVES

HEVSHINE CITY

THIRD PERSON POV

In one of the gardens near the palace of the king, Erica was sitting on a bench, reading a book about different potions.

Albert walked towards her with a basket full of beautiful and nice smelling flowers.

" Seems like you have recovered well from whatever that demon bitch did to you." Albert muttered.

" Yeah, it was hard but I came over it." Erica mumbled, her eyes on the book.

" What did she do to you exactly?" Albert asked.

" She showed me some kind of a dream. I really don't want to talk it about though." Erica said.

Albert placed the basket full of flowers beside Erica.

" Where did you get these pretty flowers?" Erica asked, sniffing the basket.

" From the Everbloom forest when we were searching for the demon lord. You liked that cursed place, don't you?" Albert said.

" T-Thanks. I will keep good care of them..." Erica muttered, her cheeks turning a bit red.

" Whatever, I don't care if you throw them away either. So, you are going back to Nectoria city tomorrow?" Albert asked.

" Yeah, I miss my home. I really want to see my family." Erica said.

" A shame you will miss the celebration here." Albert said.

" My city is also holding one and i will attend it. Why don't you come with me? I can certainly use some protection while I am travelling in the forest." Erica said.

" You can hold your own just fine. Besides, you city reeks of wealthy egoistic bastards. I have already suffered a lot there." Albert muttered coldly.

Erica looked down in sadness.

" See ya later when you come back to Hevshine." Albert said as he began walking away.

" I-I might not come back, Albert." Erica muttered.

Albert looked back.

" The demon lord's dead, right? I don't think i have any purpose in Hevshine. Besides, my parents are already talking about my marriage." Erica said.

" Marriage, with whom? A fat rich noble of your city?" Albert said with a laugh.

" I...don't know. This can be the last time we meet, Albert." Erica said.

Albert remained silent for a while.

" Whatever, it was fun while it lasted." He said before walking away.

Albert went straight towards the palace on his horse.

The guards stopped him from entering.

" I am sorry but you can't see the king right now." A guard said.

" Good, I will see the queen then." Albert muttered.

The other knight walked closure to Albert.

" Look mate, I appreciate what you have done for us but you can't just-"

Albert grabbed the guard by his helmet, jumped and knee his head so hard that it got slammed on the ground.

The other guard took out his sword but Albert revealed his bow behind his cloak and shot his weapon away from his hands.

" The demon lord's death isn't confirmed yet. You better be on good behaivour. Afterall, who knows when she will come for you heads." Albert said with a cold chuckle.