Arc One: Prologue Part 1

It's been over nine months since Miguel lost his daughter, Gabriella.

Nothing in Miguel's life could have ever prepared him for the loss of a child. The worst part, him being her father, led to this. Nothing he could have done, could have prevented this.

He was the problem. He was the reason...

This follows him. This haunts him...

Despite this, Miguel tried not to think about it, because if he thought about it for too long then he couldn't stop. So he just didn't think about it. He went through life distracted, feeling too guilty to be present.

All he could do was distract himself, especially after he was barred from anomaly missions. The Spider people closest to Miguel determined he was unfit to fight. He was forced to take a break from missions.

Miguel was not happy about the decision but it was the best choice. He even knew that he couldn't protect the multiverse, not while he was grieving.

He was still the leader of the Spider Society, it all started with him. In the beginning, he had the help of his brother but they aren't talking right now... 

Miguel was learning to lead without having to be on missions. This was proving to be difficult, he wanted to be out there helping, protecting but he didn't trust his ability to protect anymore. The loss of Gabriella and her universe was all the proof he needed to take a step away from missions. 

To distract himself, he liked to people-watch. It's his favorite way to pass time and distract himself.

People-watching gives Miguel a break. No spider suit. No music. Just city noise and people's conversations.

There was no need for spider powers. Not even if something happened...

Doing so, Miguel has watched an Uncle Ben get shot. He's walked by a green goblin attack. He ignored Gwen Stacey's fall.

He has a rule, do not interfere.

Miguel hasn't even spoken in another universe while people-watching.

Miguel will walk for hours and hours... street to street, flower shop to flower shop, and park to park...

He wished to be anyone else, anyone else besides Spider-Man.

He longed to remember the time when he was only Miguel O'Hara in Nueva York. Just a genetic scientist experimenting with spider DNA. Just a regular Mexican-Irish man trying to make it by.

Miguel wants to return to a life before the mutations. 

Before the fangs, claws, and webs... He felt like a monster...

But, the multiverse needs him to be Spider-Man. That's his sacrifice. 

Being Spider-Man is a sacrifice...

...

He needs distractions.

No matter what universe he's in, New York is never silent. This made New York perfect. There's not a second of silence that goes by, because if there was then he'd start to think. 

He doesn't let himself think, he won't let himself think because to begin is to not stop.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Thanks for reading! So sorry for having this part be so short, I promise future parts will be much longer! 

P.S. The next part will also be short, sorry!