Arc Two: Black Coffee

4:45 AM.

Miguel woke up fifteen minutes earlier than he normally does. He lays in bed until 5 AM, thinking.

He's secretly excited at the possibility that he might see her again. He knows it's not right, it's possibly dangerous but none of that really seemed to stop Miguel.

How dangerous could this really be? I don't even know her name.

Yesterday, after getting home he fought the urge to look her up on his computer. He knew he would have stayed all night looking through all the people in Nueva Angeles until he found her. He stopped himself before he could, the thought of Lyla or any of the Spider people finding out irked him.

No one could know about this. Just like people-watching, this had to be just for him.

EARTH-222 would be the only universe he has visited more than once since Gabriella and her universe.

It won't happen again...

5 AM.

Finally he gets up and does the same morning routine:

He wakes up, brushes his teeth, injects the rapture, works out, showers, has breakfast, and gets ready for the day.

The same routine.

Throughout his morning routine he thought about what it meant to lead the Spider Society. He reflected on how lonely he felt. All the big decisions made for the greater good of the multiverse fell solely on his shoulders. It was an immense weight, it overwhelmed him but someone had to make the decisions he made.

In leading, he's really neglected himself.

He just wants to be distracted...

After getting his morning report from Lyla, Miguel heads to EARTH-222.

Miguel heads to the coffee shop, he intentionally got there a little earlier than he did yesterday. He wanted to be there before the woman came.

He orders his large black coffee, gets his order and takes a seat. While he took sips from his coffee he looked around for the woman.

No sign of her yet.

After a couple minutes, he was starting to worry she wouldn't come and he'd never see her again...

She walks in.

As she walks in, they lock eyes for a few seconds...

As he was beginning to worry all of those feelings went away. They were instead replaced with an increasing heat in his chest. He also felt the air leave his lungs, she took his breath away.

After the woman gets her coffee order, a medium Vietnamese coffee, she walks to the napkin station. Where they had met yesterday.

The woman turns around and they lock eyes again but this time she smiles and waved at him.

Caught off guard, all Miguel could do was give an awkward smile and wave back at her.

As soon as they put down their waves, an alarm on her phone went off. She bolted out the door.

Miguel thought to himself,

She must be heading off to work.

He watched her leave.

Today he stayed to enjoy his coffee. He now knows she likes to get her morning coffee here, this has now been added to his new morning routine.

As he was enjoying his large black coffee, he began to think about that fact. There couldn't be anything wrong with him just enjoying his morning coffee in EARTH-222. He couldn't think of a way of this possibly ending the same way as Gabriella and her universe.

That was enough thinking about that.

Tomorrow he'll be back for another large black coffee. He would also be back to see her

After finishing his order he went back to an alley and opened a portal back home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Surprise! I finished this up quicker than I thought and I didn't want to keep anyone waiting so here you go! Enjoy!  

I think I will be posting every other day while it's still summer! Will be dropping Arc Two part 4 soon! 

xoxo