Arc Three: The Date Pt 1 (Miguel)

A/N: Hey y'all! Originally this part was going to be MASSIVE but if I did that it would take more than a month to post it. Since I love y'all, I am NOT doing that. They will be short parts, I am thinking it will be around 3-4 parts. Since they will be shorter parts, that means I'll post more often (probably, I am a girl double majoring so def writing when I got time)!

ALSO, very quickly! Thank y'all so much for 2k+ reads! I appreciate y'all so much! All y'alls reads, comments (faves <3), and votes mean the world to me!

ANYWAYS, I hope y'all enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After leaving their morning coffee date Miguel decided to stay in EARTH-222 for a while longer.

Miguel turn to see his reflection in a window, seeing he was still bleeding. He used to sleeve to apply pressure onto the cut on his cheek to stop the bleeding until he could go home to get a bandaid. But he wasn't ready to go back to his universe yet.

He wanted to explore Nueva Angeles more to be familiar with the city before their date. He had to still pass off that he was living in the city.

Miguel hated lying to Isa, but she couldn't know the truth, at least not yet.

He couldn't figure out how exactly he would reveal to Isa he wasn't from Nueva Angeles or from her universe or just a regular civilian. He didn't know when he could even tell her but he hoped that when it happened nothing would change for the worse.

The only thing he really knew was that he had to be more thoughtful about how he approached his relationship with Isa than he was with his daughter, Gabriella.

What happened to Gabriella and her universe could never happen again.

Miguel wouldn't know what to do if it did...

...

While exploring Nueva Angeles, Miguel passed by the Mexican restaurant he and Isa are going to for their date tonight.

After learning how to get there, he decided to go around the city and watch people.

This time people watching would be different for Miguel because he didn't feel like he needed a distraction, he just wanted one.

He just couldn't wait for it to be 7:00 PM.

...

Miguel walked from the Mexican restaurant to a park and then began roaming the streets of Nueva Angeles. He took breaks to enter small shops and stores. He then bought lunch from a local street vendor.

...

3:15 PM

After a couple of hours of walking around, people watching, and having lunch, Miguel entered an empty alley to open a portal back to his universe.

Upon entering his universe he immediately headed to his room. He walked so fast he didn't give Lyla enough time to greet him.

He really didn't want to hear any of Lyla's comments, so he prepared his shower by himself.

Lyla couldn't know about his date tonight.

But Lyla already knew.

...

After getting out of the shower, Miguel wrapped a towel around his waist and entered his room to prepare his outfit for the date.

While in the shower, Miguel really had the time to clear his mind. He's decided two things.

One, Isa has to know about Gabriella tonight.

Two, before Isa and Miguel can go any further, she has to know the truth.

The entire truth.

...

4:00 PM

Miguel stayed in his room, dressed in sweats and a casual t-shirt.

He took a seat and started drafting the card that would be going in Isa's bouquet. He went through three drafts, he couldn't find the right words to express how he felt to Isa. Miguel has always had trouble with expressing himself.

He was growing frustrated with himself.

After finishing his fourth attempt, he crumbled up the paper into a ball and threw it across the room.

He took a couple moments to calm himself down, taking deep breaths in and out.

Miguel then turned around to look at the picture of Gabriella on his night stand.

Seeing her smile in the picture, all he could do was smile back at her.

He took another deep breath in and thought about Gabriella and what she'd tell him.

She would just want me to write down what I am feeling. She'd also want me to not second guess myself.

That gave him comfort.

Miguel threw the remaining drafts away and got a new piece of paper to write the letter.

He wrote what he felt. He kept it tame, he didn't want to scare her off on their first date. He couldn't fit everything in but what he wrote was good for their first date.

For a first date, one wouldn't write a letter but this first date was different. Miguel and Isa were friends – close friends – before this date. This date will change the relationship between them.

Miguel knew that. He knew Isa knew that too...

After he finished writing the letter, he folded it neatly and put it in an envelope. He then placed it on the pick in the bouquet.

Miguel then methodically put everything for tonight together before he officially began getting ready.

...

5:30 PM

He began with his outfit. He put on a navy blue polo shirt with black dress pants and dress shoes.

All of these clothes were new. He has grown out of all his previous dress clothes after becoming the Spider-Man he is today.

His body has gone through many changes. He has been a scrawny nerd all from High School through his time at Alchemx. Then after becoming Spider-Man, his body changed. He grew, he gained fangs, claws, and the ability to temporarily paralyze. Then his body changed again after receiving the technology to travel across dimensions, he grew bigger to adapt to the different terrains of all kinds of universes.

Miguel bought these dress clothes as soon as Isa and him officially became friends. He bought them in hopes he'd use it for this exact occasion.

...

6:30 PM

He finished getting ready, then preparing to head out to enter EARTH-222.

"Early is on time, on time is late, and late is unacceptable!" 

He couldn't be late, not to his and Isa's first date.  And not the first time he's going to meet Isa's mom. 

As Miguel was beginning to head out he called out to Lyla,

"Lyla. I'm going to head out tonight, please do not attempt to reach me unless it is an emergency that Drew and Peter can't deal with."

She immediately noticed the way Miguel was dressed and the beautiful flowers in his hand.

Her eyes widened.

Before she could even say anything back, he'd already entered the portal.

The portal closed.

Lyla sighed, she was alone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Thank you so much for reading! I hope y'all enjoyed! I hope to post soon BUT midterms is coming up so wish me luck <3 

P.S. I love the few comments people have left <3