Arc Three: Lunch Date

After another day of setting appointments, answering calls, and greeting clients it was finally Isa's lunch.

This lunch she would spend the entire time avoiding peter.

I can't have Peter see me and we definitely can't talk right now, it's too fresh. God Peter, why did you have to do this?!

It's fine, I'll just grab lunch and eat in the other break room. Maybe I'll hide behind the fridge to eat and then go outside.

Isa goes to the second floor break room in the left wing instead of the right wing. She knew Peter would try to look for her there.

Upon entering she sees new coworkers that she's never met before but she's sure they all work with Peter. She awkwardly walks in and grabs one of the complementary lunches, today was a turkey sandwich with cesar salad with orange soda.

Isa really liked the free lunches because it saved her meal prep time and the company was really rich so the lunches were really good.

She decides to take her lunch outside to eat on the phone with Miguel.

As she's eating she starts calling Miguel.

"Hey!"

"Hey, out for lunch?"

"Yup!"

She giggles.

"What's on the menu?"

Isa put on her best food reviewer voice,

"Today's lunch is a DELICIOUS turkey sandwich with a DELIGHTFUL cesar salad and an orange soda. 10/10 so far!"

She sent him a picture of her lunch.

"I can't believe that all that food is free, I'm jealous"

"How about you, what's for lunch?"

"Sopes"

He sends her a picture of his lunch.

"What?! Now I'm jealous!"

"Yeah, I just whipped this up real quick"

Isa started eating her lunch.

"What?! I did not know I was in the presence of a master of the culinary arts!"

She says with food in her mouth. She's already teasing him.

"If that's what you want to call it,"

He laughs.

"It looks so delicious, you definitely have to make me food soon!"

She wasn't lying, it looked so good you'd think a Mexican mom made that.

"Sounds good, what would you like?"

She really thought about it but she couldn't think of anything worth asking for. She was already eating so her pallet was all jumbled up.

"Mhmm... ask me again when I'm not eating, I'll have a better answer"

She giggled.

"Whatever it is, if you want I could take it to you during your lunch..."

"I'd love that but I can't ask you to do all that!"

"Of course you can! We can talk about the details later"

She could hear him smile through the phone.

"It's quiet, are you inside the break room alone?"

Miguel asks.

"No, I got my food and came outside to call you."

"Don't you normally eat inside?"

He started to sound concerned.