Arc Three: New Coffee Order

Miguel slept really well that night. He could have slept for days, but he couldn't. He had to get his morning coffee with Isa.

Despite Lyla's question bringing down Miguel's mood, he didn't let it ruin his night. His conversation and day with Isa was too great for his day to be ruined.

He walked out his room, no Lyla in sight. Not even to give Miguel his daily morning report.

Where is Lyla?

He asked himself.

After a couple of moments passed he realized Lyla was throwing a fit.

Only Gabriel could help create an AI that throws tantrums and has an attitude.

Deciding he's not going to give in to Lyla's tantrum, Miguel walks up to his desk. The rapture is out.

She still prepared it for him.

He stares at it for a couple seconds.

Without Lyla to help him, he had time to think about what he was doing.

I wish I didn't need this. I wish this wasn't a part of my morning routine.

He takes the injection, and a wave of relief crashes on him.

Miguel stood still for 15 seconds, really taking in the effects. He found that was the best way to control the cravings.

He shook off the feeling, then walked back into his room to get ready for the day.

Miguel in the last two weeks, during his spare time between Isa and leading the Spider Society, found time to shop. He bought a couple black compression shirts. It was starting to get warm out, it was getting too hot for his hoodies.

He also wanted to see if Isa would like them. He'd be showing off more of his intense Spider-Man workout. Maybe Isa would get closer to him... He really wanted Isa to get closer to him.

Miguel heads out again. Before he leaves, he yells out to Lyla.

"Lyla, I'm leaving. Don't contact me unless there is an emergency."

"Miguel-"

Lyla called out to him.

Before she could say more Miguel walked through the portal.

He said what he had to say, Lylas response didn't matter to him. It was her job to do as he says.

...

Miguel always set his location a couple blocks away from the coffee shop. He never set his location in the same place.

He didn't want anyone or anything to blow his cover. He couldn't afford to lose this.

Miguel entered the coffee shop before Isa could get there. Isa never had to wait for him.

Two minutes after Isa walked in.

They met eyes and walked to each other.

"Good morning Miguel!"

Isa called out to him, she was very excited to see him.

"Good morning Isa, te ves muy hermosa today"

He said flirtatiously.

Isa blushed. Then returning the favor,

"Gracias Miguel, te ves muy guapo too"

She was looking him up and down. Miguel noticed this.

"Really?"

He smirked.

"Yes I really like how your outfit looks on you, really highlights your um... figure"

Isa spoke without thinking through her sentence. She panicked at the end.