Arc Three: Dinner with Peter

After hanging up with Miguel, Isa finished getting ready.

It has been a while since she had dinner with Peter and his aunt May.

If she was going to be honest, she was a little nervous but she was mainly happy to be going back. She had gone over to their house for two dinners after Peter's uncle Ben passed.

After those two dinners she didn't really have the chance to go over as much as she would have liked. The distance between her and Peter was two big for her to go over. She feels horrible about that, she knew Peter and May deserved better especially after everything they did for her. They gave her a nice home away from home. They gave her warm dinners, a bed, and amazing memories.

Isa felt weird, she didn't know if she should get dolled up or act like it's another 7th grade after school dinner. Isa loved to get ready but now her dolled up is her normal.

For a period of time in college she'd get dolled up to see Peter, but he didn't notice. He never did. She really liked him. Not anymore, after years and years of liking him she finally gave up.

Around three months ago things were starting to look up for them but fate got in the way.

She's really glad she and Peter are really just best friends now. She's also glad they never got the chance to go apartment hunting together, especially if she's gonna start seeing Miguel officially.

She wore her hair in a parted slick back ponytail and she paired that with a long ribbon tied into the ponytail. For a top she wore a cute black cropped tank top with a black long mesh on top. For pants she wore flared jeans with 3 inch black wedges.

She turns her head to check the time to see what time it is.

6:58 PM

Shit, I gotta hurry up Peter will be here in a sec. Good thing I need is to put my lipstick on.

7:00 PM

[Knock, knock]

Woah, he's really on time.

From the kitchen Isa's mom asked,

"Quién es?!"

Isa replied,

"Mamá! solo es Peter, voy a ir a dinner con el y May!"

"Okay mija! Ten cuidado!"

"¡Siempre mamá!"

She heads to the door to open it,

"Hey Petey!"

"Hi Isa, you look absolutely radiant tonight"

Isa giggled,

"Thanks, Petey!"

"Anytime, Isa"

"Anyways, what's on the menu?"

They start heading out.

"So tonight we have lasagna with some chicken salad"

"That sounds yummy Petey, can't wait to eat. I saved up an appetite for tonight"

"I'm really glad you're coming over for dinner, I've really missed you Isa"

Isa grabbed his shoulder.

He blushed.

To her this was platonic, but to Peter this meant more.

"I'm glad you invited me Petey, I've really missed going over"

"Don't think for a second that we haven't really missed you too, Isa"

Isa is glad to hear this.

They get to the door of his aunt May's house. May opens the door immediately.