Arc Two: The Handshake

5 AM.

After last night, Miguel almost didn't have the energy to get up and do his morning routine but the thought of Isabella was enough for him to do it.

He couldn't miss their conversation today.

He got up, brushed his teeth, injected the rapture, worked out, showered, had breakfast, and got ready for the day.

Miguel cut his workout to 1 hour and 45 minutes instead of doing the regular 2 hours. He wanted to make sure he was there earlier than Isabella.

He hates the idea of keeping her waiting.

...

Before Lyla could begin the morning report Miguel made it clear he had somewhere to be.

"Lyla, stick to just the report. I don't have time today."

Lyla, still recovering from last night, took him seriously.

"No anomalies were detected last night."

She lied...

"You know how to reach me."

She stayed quiet.

Miguel walked through his portal, taking him to EARTH-222.

...

Miguel entered the coffee shop, and ordered his coffee order but he also ordered Isabella's coffee.

By the time Isa entered the coffee shop, Miguel had both their drinks ready.

He waved her over, showing her the medium Vietnamese iced coffee.

She was pleasantly surprised to see he knew her order.

She took a seat across from him.

"Observant, I see."

She smiled at him.

"You can call it that."

He joked.

"Gracias, I appreciate it. But, I can't let you pay for my drink."

She began going through her bag.

"Don't worry about it Isabella. Just let me cover it today."

"No, my mom raised me to never be comfortable with accepting gifts"

She joked, pulling out her wallet.

"Fine, if you pay me back I won't tell you the Alchemax chisme."

He laughed.

"Oh, I see you're chistoso. But fine, this will be the only time."

She began putting her wallet back in her bag.

They spent over 15 minutes talking, sharing work chisme with each other. They were having a really good time talking with each other.

Miguel found himself acting like his old self. He felt like Miguel O'Hara, before Spider-Man. The time before the fate of the multiverse fell on his shoulders.

It felt so easy talking to her, not even his nerves could ruin the flow of their conversation.

After a couple more minutes of talking, Isa changed the topic.

Learning dropping hints doesn't work, Isabella was determined to be more straightforward. She wasn't going to sit back here.

"Miguel, I'm having a great time talking with you. I would really love to talk more with you..."

She smiled at him.

Miguel was surprised at how straightforward she was being. He matched her energy.

"I am also really enjoying talking with you Isabella. I'd really love that too."

He flashed a soft smile.

Her alarm went off.

"Well, I will see you tomorrow for another amazing conversation, friend"

Isabella winked and extended her hand out to shake his hand.

"I'll be here to for another conversation, friends"

Miguel shook her hand, smiling at her.

"Oh, since we are friends now, just call me Isa"

"Sounds good, Isa."

He said as he said it.

Isa...

They said their goodbyes and were now friends.

Could their newfound friendship blossom into something more?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Thanks so much for reading! This marks the end of Arc Two, I really hope y'all enjoyed it! Arc Three will be posted on Tuesday, I don't know what time tho. See you then!

xoxo