Arc Two: Something in the Air

Stepping into EARTH-222, Miguel felt different.

It felt like something was in the air that morning. It was as if the wind was trying to tell him something.

Things were going to be different today...

Entering the coffee shop Miguel got in line to order coffee. He then took a seat, waiting for his coffee... and for the woman.

While waiting, she walked through the coffee shop's entrance.

She walked in line, then placed her order. After placing her order, she waited by where they had first met.

Miguel got up to get his coffee order. While getting his order, he felt the urge to get closer to her.

I'll just get a creamer...

He thought.

With his drink he walked from where he picked his coffee to the napkin cart. Aside from being a cart with a napkin dispenser, it also held creamers, sugars, stirring sticks, and it had a hole for trash.

He felt her near him.

His stomach filled with butterflies, he felt his face get hotter.

After getting the creamer, Miguel took a step back and he bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry!"

He blurted.

He turns around and...

It's her.

"Don't worry about it. Hey... it's you!"

Miguel was now facing her. He did not plan for any of this to happen. He went along with it, and began to improvise.

"Oh, hi! I didn't see you behind me."

"I didn't see you either. How are you liking the city?"

She said with a soft smile.

"I'm really liking it, the coffee here is great."

He smiled back at her.

"Glad to hear that you like the city and have good taste. Also, for the next time you bump into me, my name is Isabella. Because if you're going to keep bumping into me you should at least know my name."

She laughed.

Flustered, Miguel immediately introduced himself.

"Well, my name is Miguel. For the next time we bump into each other."

As soon as the words left Miguel's mouth, the alarm on her phone went off.

"Well, I've got to get going. It was nice finally meeting you, Miguel. See you around!"

"It was a pleasure, Isabella."

He stood there, watching her leave the coffee shop. He couldn't believe what just happened.

"It was nice finally meeting you, Miguel."

Those words rang in his ears. They repeated over and over again.

'Finally?' Did this mean she was thinking about me? Could she have noticed me as much as I noticed her?

His mind replaced her voice with his questions.

Miguel took a seat. Sipping his coffee as he continued to think about what just happened.

They spoke, again.

He now knew her name. She was no longer a beautiful woman with no name, she was a beautiful woman with a name just as beautiful as her.

She remembered I wasn't from here...

...

After finishing his coffee, he got up a little taller. His chin was a little higher.

There was something in the air. Whatever the wind was trying to tell him earlier, it was right.

He left the coffee shop a happy man. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Thanks for reading! I hope y'all are enjoying the story so far, Arc two part 6 is up!

Also, not y'all knowing the woman's name now ;) 

xoxo