Arc Three: The Date Pt 3

As Miguel and Isa made their way to the Mexican restaurant they talked and laughed like they always did. The fact that this was their first date didn't seem to change that.

Once getting to the restaurant, Isa realized that Miguel didn't ask if they were going the right way, it was like he had memorized how to get there. She was happy he was getting to know Nueva Angeles, she hoped this meant that it was starting to feel like home to Miguel.

Upon entering, they took a seat at a table and ordered their empanadas. Miguel pulled out Isa's chair for her to sit. Isa had never experienced that before. While Isa never felt like she needed someone to do that for her, she felt really special at that moment.

She blushed.

...

When Isa dated Harry he never opened the door for her, pulled out her chair, or did anything sentimental for her. He thought of taking Isa to expensive restaurants and buying her luxurious items, that was "enough." While Isa enjoyed the gifts, Harry never could ever love her the way she wanted him to love her but Isa felt like she couldn't complain because she never loved Harry. Whatever she "felt" for Harry was nothing compared to the feelings she had for Peter at the time.

...

Finally settling in, Miguel and Isa both looked at each other and laughed at the fact that they were most definitely overdressed for the restaurant. They weren't embarrassed by this, they just thought it was really funny.

While waiting for their empanadas Miguel and Isa talked. They skipped the first date talk and got into their regular banter.

"I see you know your way around the city now Miguel, have you been exploring?"

She giggled, she wanted Miguel to know that she noticed his sense of directionality.

Miguel smirked,

"Observant, yeah... you can say I have been doing some exploring"

"Without me?"

She teased.

They laughed together.

...

They shared more laughs and talked over dinner once the food arrived.

After having an amazing chat over dinner, they asked for the bill.

Miguel took out his wallet to get ready to pay. He exchanged his currency into cash that would work in Nueva Angeles, he wasn't sure if the restaurant would accept payment with his tech currency converter.

He was playing it safe.

He opened his wallet to take out the cash, Isa glanced at what his wallet looked like. She noticed the picture in his wallet.

It was a picture of Miguel with a little girl.

Clearly not safe enough.

The little girl in the picture was over his shoulder wearing a soccer uniform.

Isa couldn't help but notice how happy Miguel and the little girl were.

Excitedly, Isa asked,

"Awww, es tu sobrina?"

She pointed to the picture in the wallet.

Miguel paused, stopping dead in his tracks. He then closed his wallet shut, shifting his eyes to the side. He was lost in thought.

This reaction from Miguel caught Isa off guard.

She couldn't have imagined that asking that would have caused Miguel to act like this.

"Miguel, is everything okay?"

Isa leaned in, placing her hand on top of his.

Miguel snapped out of it.

He quickly looked back at Isa, he held her hand back.

He stayed silent.

Miguel didn't know what to say. Miguel hadn't planned what to say.

Isa leaned in closer, more concerned,

"Miguel?"

Miguel took a deep breath in,

"Her name is Gabriella, and she's my daughter"

Isa's eyes widened.

HE HAS A DAUGHTER?!

Isa thought to herself.

Nothing could have prepared her for this news.

"Daughter?"

Isa asked.

"Yes, she's my daughter"

"Oh, I didn't know you had a daughter, you've never spoken about her"

Isa started to pull away from Miguel, he felt this.

He opened up his wallet again and handed it to Isa so she could get a good look at Gabriella.

Isa holds onto it, looking at the picture. She couldn't take her eyes off of it but after looking at it for a while she spoke.

"She's adorable"

Isa let out a small smile.

She continued,

"How come you've never mentioned her?"

Miguel feels a huge lump in his throat, it had been forming since Isa asked about who was the girl in the picture.

He choked on some of his words,

"Gabriella passed away. 10 months ago."

This news shocked Isa even more. She extended her hands out, holding onto Miguel's.

"I'm so sorry for your loss Miguel"

Miguel appreciated her, the comfort he felt from her was genuine and sincere.

"Thank you, it's been difficult trying to move forward"

He looked down and held her hands. After really taking in the moment,

"I'm sorry for not telling you earlier, I was always planning to tell you but I didn't know how to."

"Don't worry Miguel, I can't even imagine what you're going through. I'm just glad to see you're holding up well."

He smiled,

"You've help make this process easier, you've made moving forward easier"

Isa blushed.

"Really"

She asked.

"Yes, Isa. You mean more to me than you could ever imagine."

She smiled at him.

She knew how he felt because it was exactly the way he felt about her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:  Thank y'all so much for reading! I hope y'all enjoyed this part, it was a long time coming. I have DEF missed writing and I am so glad to get this part out. There will be one part of "The Date" hehehe but midterms is OVER!!! Slay! BUT finals is coming up lol (I'm dying) so I will probably the other part before I am in the trenches. BUT THANK YOU FOR 4K READS, the support is crazy and i LOVE y'alls comments (they TRULY give me life). Anyways, I hope to have the next part up soon, like next week soon BUT no concrete promises tho lol. 

sending love! 

xoxo