Arc Three: Change in Coffee

Ever since becoming friends over three weeks ago, a lot has changed. But a lot has stayed the same.

Miguel and Isa have their morning coffee together, chatting in between sips. Both of them are happy with this new addition to their morning routines. Isa even goes to the coffee shop early in the morning on her days off.

Miguel catches himself smiling a lot more since officially becoming Isa's friend. He's fallen hard for her, he hopes she feels the same way...

A couple nights ago, Isa decided she's going to be straightforward with Miguel. She has feelings for him, he was going to know. She won't let another Peter situation repeat again.

7:20 AM.

Isa comes earlier to make sure she has more time to talk with Miguel.

Miguel, as usual, is already there. He has never kept Isa waiting.

They meet up in line to order their coffee together.

"Good morning, Miguel"

"Buenos días, Isa"

They skip the "how are you?" or "how did you sleep?" Their conversations were more meaningful than that.

While waiting in line, Isa asks Miguel a question on her mind but she waits after they get their drinks.

"Have you ever thought of branching out? maybe trying something other than a large black coffee?"

She laughs.

He lets out a small laugh,

"I know what I like, why should I change that?"

Isa smiled back but she also thought about what he said.

"I don't know, don't you ever feel like trying something different?"

"Sometimes but why risk something when you know it works?"

Miguel knows that black coffee isn't the best tasting coffee out there but he enjoyed the comfort of the coffee always tasting the same.

"Maybe taking a risk is good, stepping out of your comfort zone can lead to a good thing..."

Isa didn't know if she was just talking about the coffee anymore.

Miguel looked at her as she thought. He decided to break the silence by reassuring her.

He joked,

"Alright, you have a point Ramirez. but it sounds like you want to switch drinks, am I reading you right?"

"You know what O'Hara, you might be onto something. here try something with actual taste!"

Isa extended her untouched drink to Miguel.

"Funny."

He smirked.

"Alright, Isa, try something with an extra kick in it. I know you need to be awake for your shift soon."

They step out of line and switch drinks and take sips.

Miguel tries to hide the fact that Isa was right, her Vietnamese iced coffee is much more delicious than his black coffee.

Isa caught that fact. She smirked.

"Do my eyes deceive me or does Miguel like my coffee order more than his own?"

Miguel, still trying to hide this fact, laughed.

"[Ha, ha, ha] You need to see an eye doctor"

Isa, holding her new drink to her, looked up at him.