Arc Three: Before Dinner

After getting home from work, Isa called Miguel to discuss the details of their date.

Miguel and Isa had exchanged numbers by their third early morning conversation. Although he wasn't from her universe, he had the technology to text from any universe to any universe.

Isa tried limiting how much she called him because she did not want her home to know about Miguel. They text quite often.

Now that Isa officially had a date with Miguel she thought it was appropriate for them to call. It was easier to discuss and plan the details of their date over call than text. At least that's how Isa felt.

She didn't have a way of knowing it but Miguel agreed. He enjoyed any extra time he could spend with Isa, even if it wasn't in person.

[Over call]

Isa: "Our morning coffee was amazing this morning!"

Miguel: "It really was."

They could hear each other's smiles over the phone.

"Alright... for our date how does Thursday night sound?"

"That sounds perfect to me!"

" I really can't wait for our date!

"Me neither, any ideas for where we should go?"

She thought about it for a second,

"There is this amazing Mexican place by my house and they have the BEST empanadas!"

Playfully, he responds,

"That's a lot of big talk, I'm going to have to see if that holds up."

"When have my taste buds ever been wrong?"

She joked back.

"Never, but I've had some really good empanadas"

"Okay but have you ever had the best empanadas?"

"Well... that's the question of the day"

"You're too much, Miguel"

She giggled.

Flirtatiously he says,

"Well... I'm just trying to keep up with you Ramirez"

"Well, you're doing a good job"

She teases back.

He continuing to flirt,

"Glad to hear it's working..."

There was a small pause...

6:15 PM

Crap, it's almost 7PM.

"I got dinner with mi mejor amigo, so I'm going to head out soon"

Curious,

"Best friend?"

This was the first time he'd heard about her best friend. As much as they talked about everything, Peter never came up. Isa didn't really want to talk about him.

"Yeah, my best friend Peter. We've been best friends since middle school"

"Peter?"

He asked.

"Parker, Peter Parker"

Isa's best friend is... Peter Parker. Of course, Spider-Man is her best friend... just my luck.

He thought to himself.

She continued,

"I actually told him about you today..."

Surprised, he asked,

"Really?"

"Yeah, he totally wants to meet you. Maybe you could come friday to the workshop, he

might have a surprise for the class"

Miguel: "what kind of surprise"

It better not be what I think it is...

"Nueva Angeles' web slinger! but nothing is official yet"

Of course it is... What is Peter thinking?! Anytime he's in his suit as Spider-Man danger is ALWAYS a possibility.

I have to talk some sense into him. For the safety of everyone there, the kids and especially Isa...

I have to be there for Isa.

"I'd love to stop by, send me the address and I'll meet you there and help you set up"

Miguel would never miss a moment to be with Isa.

"Really miguel?!"

"Of course Isa, anything for you"

Isa felt her face hot.

"Thanks, Miguel! I was wondering if you could come to my house and help me take some of the supplies I have at home..."

"Of course Isa."

"Thank you so much, Miguel. Te aprecio mucho. I'll see you tomorrow morning."

"See you tomorrow, have a good dinner"

[Call ends]

As happy as Miguel was to just get off the phone with Isa, he thought about Peter. He decided that he, as Spider-Man, was going to pay Peter Parker a visit.

He won't allow anything or anyone to compromise Isa's safety. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Thanks for reading! I hope y'all enjoyed. I am trying to experiment with different ways of telling the story. Arc Three Part 4 will be up soon... Not gonna lie, its a little juicy. At least to me.

xoxo