Arc Two: Rule Breaker

Miguel opens the door to the coffee shop. The woman was in second in line for coffee, he got in line. He was two people behind her.

The line moves and it's her turn to order. Miguel faintly hears her order.

"Good morning, I'll have a medium Vietnamese iced coffee?"

The sound of her voice matched her beauty. Her voice was music to Miguel's ears but before he knew it she was already paying and the line moved forward.

When it gets to Miguel's turn in line, he just orders a large black coffee. After paying for his order he walks to wait for his coffee. As he moves out of line he looks around the coffee shop to look for her.

He sees she's waiting for her coffee with the other customers. She's looking down at her phone, looking up quickly to see if her coffee will be ready soon. Then she shifts her attention to her surroundings.

She looks at Miguel's direction and they lock eyes for two seconds.

Miguel attempts to smile at her but just as he tried to she already looked away.

He begins to walk towards her direction. Once there, he looks at his watch discreetly, checking for any updates from Lyla or the other Spider people.

No new updates.

Days can go by without any clear and definite signs of anomalies or threats to the multiverse but once one shows up, it can feel like a while before they stop showing up.

All of a sudden while lost in thought Miguel hears

"Excuse me... sorry but could you just move a bit?"

He looks up and it's her. Once realizing it's her, he begins to stumble over himself.

"Oh! Perdón, I'm so sorry!"

She laughs a little,

"Oh no, don't worry! I just wanted some napkins."

Miguel didn't even notice he was standing in front of the napkin and creamer cart. He lets himself laugh a little,

"Sorry, I didn't notice I was blocking."

"Yeah, you looked really busy looking at your watch,"

She continued letting out a small laugh as she spoke.

Shit, I really hope she didn't see anything.

Before he could think further,

"Sorry, I am not from here"

Por Dios, why did I say that?

He has no clue why he said that, or why he was still even talking.

She lets out another small laugh,

"Oh, I see now, you're using the looking-at-my-watch-to-appear-busy technique. A classic!"

She smiled at him. He smiled back,

"Yeah, a classic."

"Anyways, enjoy the city!"

"Thanks..."

Just like that, she turned around and walked out of the coffee shop.

I already am.

He watched her leave. He couldn't believe all of that just happened, he's never spoken while people-watching.

7:50 AM.

"Order for Miguel!"

Miguel picked up his large black coffee, leaving a tip in the tip jar.

Miguel liked black coffee, it's just as intense as he is. Where he's currently mentally at, it's the only kind of coffee that can keep him awake.

He leaves the coffee shop, taking a sip from his coffee.

Miguel looks around, he really wants to see her again. He knows he's just broken his rule but he doesn't feel bad about it at all.

He has to see her again.

Miguel thinks to himself,

There's nothing wrong with coming back tomorrow, I'll just come for some coffee and if I see her again then it's a plus...

I'll be back tomorrow.

Miguel smiles, heading to the closest alley to him. He opens a portal back home and walks through it. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Surprise! I dropped this part and the previous part as a treat! Hope you're enjoying, I should have the next two parts (maybe even four parts) up next week at 9 AM PDT(maybe even earlier, I'm still trying to see my schedule)! Sending love!

xoxo