3. Chase

Sorry, havent posted in a couple of weeks but heres the third chapter.
——————————————————————————

"Leo...Leo Varon...Leo." I kept whispering to myself as I drove through the gates leading to my fathers mansion.

I headed straight to his office,

"Father, I have something to tell you." I announced walking into his office.

"Good morning, bonita," My father lovingly replied, "I have something to tell you to."

When I walked in I came to a halt, another man was also sitting across from my father.

"This is..." I interrupted my father.

"Leo Varon," I voiced, "I know."

"Well I'm glad you finally decided to look over the files I had given you. I know you wont like this but I have decided for you." My father informed me.

"Wait, I have come to a decision you can't just decide for me. I had a week and it's not over yet." I replied.

"Well enlighten me, what is your decision?" My father questioned.

"None of the men you have presented to me have the high standard of experience I need. So I would like you to find me someone else." I spoke quickly.

A snigger left the man sitting across from my father.

"No Hermosa. I will not find another set of men. It's difficult to find people with experience and you got lucky with Leo. So I have decided for you, he will be your new bodyguard." He spoke, clenching his jaw.

"I'm more than capable of taking care of myself and I will not have a useless pinchazo taking care of me." I spoke loudly.

"Don't speak to me with an attitude otherwise..." He stood but I interrupted for the second time.

"Otherwise you will what father? You can't take anything from me because I have worked hard for everything. Everything I have is mine. I worked for it and it hasn't come from you." I shouted aggressively.

"I want a normal life and you can't just respect that," I uttered calmly, "I'm sorry but I don't want this life where I have to keep looking over my shoulder. Look where mum ended. I apologise for the disrespect but no."

My father calmly took his seat before announcing, "He will be your bodyguard, I am sorry darling but I can't allow what happened to your mother to happen to you."

"I love you father." I say while regretting the way I spoke to him.

"I love you too darling and I understand where you are coming from but I need to protect you."

I knew just by looking at my father he wasn't going to give up but nor was I. So I decided this time I would let him win.

"I have some work to get done." I turned on my heel as quickly as I could to get away from Leo.