9. Blinded

Drifter really was something when he was drunk

Drifter really was something when he was drunk. He followed me, exposed me to the women I work for and then proceeded to throw up in my car. I dragged his ass back to his apartment and found the door opened. Everyone had left, trashed his place with cups and bottles and even had the audacity of leaving the door open. At this point I was carrying Drifter, this lightweight always lost the ability to walk when he drank too much. I pulled him to his room and threw him on the bed while he mumbled words I could hardly make out.

"Love...she beautiful...lucky....need her."

"Ok buddy, sleep, your mouth has done enough tonight." I sighed.

I left his room and decided not to leave his apartment this way, otherwise I would be just as bad as the others he had invited. I cleared every bottle, cup, and tissue I could find. I even found a lost phone and jacket, which I placed on his counter. I'm sure whose ever it was would be back tomorrow. Once I was done I left him a glass and some tablets beside the bed and left. I had a busy day tomorrow and after the last encounter with Eris, I'm sure she had already planned how to make my life hell.

The next morning I woke up at 6am. I changed, had a gym session, made breakfast, showered, changed again just in time for 9am. I walked outside and took a look at my car, shit! I had forgotten to clean drifter's sick. I went inside, grabbed some cleaning supplies and got to work. By 9.15 I was done cleaning and every piece of food I had consumed was ascending up my throat. I took a sip of water and hoped it would all stay down. I arrived at Eris' and kept my windows down the whole time. I was sniffing my passenger seat when Eris made an appearance. I side eyed her and watched as she got into the back seat. Why was Eris always appearing at the wrong time? Yesterday, when her father and I had a meeting, and now, when I decided it was the best time to sniff my seat.

I didn't make any conversation and drove off, with my foot eager to push harder on the gas. I was mindlessly minding my business when I got a glimpse of Eris in my rearview mirror. Every so often she was glaring at me evilly, she looked like no angel now, but  the devil himself. I parked up outside her building and watched her storm out of my car, was she really that mad? Especially about what I thought.

I decided not to dwell on it much, by lunch time she would be fine, I'm sure there was just a boost of women's hormones this morning. What I said wasn't that bad and also very true. I drove into the building's parking area and noticed there was an unusual amount of cars here today. I switched off the engine and rolled back the seat, I opened Eris' file and got back to reading. Maybe there were answers in here for all the unanswered questions I had.

I read her name, age, hospital record, dating history, and professional background. Nothing, there was nothing in here that was of any relevance, maybe the dating history for Drifter but other than that I was left with even more questions.

I messaged Drifter asking him to do a background check on Eris Garcia, there was definitely a chance he would find something, Drifter always did. He was the best of the best when we used to work for Pierre and he still is. Hopefully he wakes up soon.