15. Hurt

Leo had made it his mission to ruin dinner with Max tonight

Leo had made it his mission to ruin dinner with Max tonight. Max and I sat on a single table and Leo had pushed his chair beside mine.

"So, how's Victor?" Max asked politely.

"Yh, he's doing good, busy like always. How's Taylor?" I smiled, taking a sip from my glass.

"Taylor's back in Australia, loving life." Max laughed.

"I remember the first time we met Taylor and he couldn't keep his eyes off you. You were the first female he had obsessed over. It's a shame, you would have been good together." Max smiled, reminiscing about old memories.

"Well, I don't think that would have ended well, I mean it turned out good for you." I replied, trying to code everything leaving Leo clueless.

"Yes, it did, which I will forever be grateful for." Max smiled, placing his hands over mine. I smiled and held his hand too, thinking I could get a reaction out of Leo, who seemed bothered by my date. I leaned back in my chair and Leo's hands were clenched in fists beneath the table, while his face held an expression that couldn't be read.

Soon dinner was over and Max and I walked out of the restaurant with Leo trailing behind. We had a good conversation and caught up over dinner, which brought back memories of when we were kids.

"Well, Eris, it's been good to see you, you're always a pleasure to see with that beauty. I'll call when I get to the airport. I'll give Taylor a kiss from you." He said, bracing his hands with mine.

"Max, you really know how to make a woman happy, are you sure you're dating the right person?" I smirked.

"Yes, couldn't be happier. My drivers here I will be off." I hugged Max goodbye and watched him walk to his car. Once he was gone, I turned my head in the direction of Leo, who's face had hardened.

"What's up with your face?" I asked, trying to keep my smile at bay.

"Are you done?" He asked, avoiding my question.

"Yes, we can head home now." I ordered, watching him take the lead.

Once we reached my home, I had a weird feeling, Leo went in, did his checks and came back out. Everything is fine Eris, just calm down. The house has been checked. As I walked up the front of my house I could feel eyes on my back, I turned to see Leo's, eyes piercing me. It was just Leo, I thought. I quickly got inside and locked the door shut, my gut was telling me there were two pairs of eyes that were watching me so intensely, not only Leo's.

 I quickly got inside and locked the door shut, my gut was telling me there were two pairs of eyes that were watching me so intensely, not only Leo's