21. Regret

After giving permission to Leo for his friend to stay over I prepared the guest room and finished my paperwork

After giving permission to Leo for his friend to stay over I prepared the guest room and finished my paperwork. When he arrived I showed him the room and he was quite thankful, unlike Leo. I knew what it felt like to lose someone and then spend the time grieving alone. When my mother passed away my father was distraught and guilty, he wasn't there for me when he needed to be, it was Wolf who was.

We were sitting in the living room when Mike decided to make an appearance. And I'd be lying if I said it didn't end well. I didn't expect myself to kiss Leo and even worse for him to kiss me. I was starting to feel something for Leo, especially after the time we had spent together due to the fake dating. When he pushed me against the wall, I felt the hot sensation and the throb between my legs. It had been a while since I had felt this, and I'd be lying again if I said I felt this with Mike.

I felt the heat crawl up my skin, afraid it would show on my face, especially when I felt him against my lower stomach. I tried sucking in to stop whatever it was I was feeling but it was useless, all he did was move closer. Suddenly he pulled back, leaving me cold and embarrassed, Oh, fuck, what was I doing? But within seconds he had me pinned to the wall and his lips had captured mine. His tongue fought against mine and the sensation between my legs was strong, I wanted him between my legs, no I needed him between my legs.

We both pulled back, I needed some air, my eyes were glued to his but the outline of a figure stood not too far from us. His snigger and comment left me confused, I wrapped my hands around me, trying to bring the warmth back. Leo turned to me,

"You coming?" he asked.

"I'll see you upstairs," I whispered, "You go up." Once Leo was out of sight, I quickly walked to the back door, I opened the door, shut it and locked it and then I tried pulling open the door three times. I checked every window downstairs, twice before walking towards the front door. I opened it, did a quick look out, closed it, opened it, closed it, locked it and then I attempted to open it five times.

"I think it's locked now don't you?" A deep voice spoke from behind me. Drifter pushed off the wall and walked back up the stairs. Fuck, I felt caught, I hope he didnt think I was weird, or stupid. I just wanted to make sure everything was locked and secured.

I made my way up the stairs and to my room, Leo wasn't there. I walked towards his room door and knocked. When he opened it his face was serious,

"What are you doing here?" He questioned, his eyes now held an uncanny feeling.

"Oh, I thought..you asked..." I stuttered, I thought after the kiss and him asking me if I was coming up was a sign he wanted me to come to his room.

"Don't mistake our kiss for something more, it was just a stupid mistake. Something I regretted straight after. I'm your bodyguard, it needs to stay that way."  Leo sneered, before sniggering and closing the door.

I felt the embarrassment heat my face. I slowly made my way back to my room and closed the door. Maybe my feeling towards Leo had changed massively, because I could feel the pain from his rejection in my chest, it was like something fell heavy on my heart and I couldn't breathe. My emotions got the best of me and my tears fell from my eyes. I crawled into bed and felt the shame of being so stupid, so blind, so deluded. I let my tears fall until sleep finally consumed me.

Morning arrived quicker than expected, I was up at 6am. I had tossed and turned all night, unable to find sleep. I showered, changed and went downstairs. I didn't feel like eating, so instead I grabbed a breakfast bar.

Once I was done, I headed to my office, collected my paperwork and designs and slipped them into my bag. I left my bag beside the front door, grabbed a shovel and headed to my car. All morning I kept quiet, hoping not to wake the two imbeciles I had staying over.

I started moving the snow from around my car, clearing the path I moved over and started shoving the deep snow off my car. I grabbed my keys and unlocked the door, but as I tried opening the door it was stuck. Shit, I don't know what I was expecting, to just unlock my car, start it up and drive off because that would have been ideal.

I had to think quickly because I didn't want to be here if Leo woke up and I certainly didn't want him following me around. I ran inside, filled a jug of cool water, not too hot but not too cold and was out in a flash, washing the door handles. After running in and out 5 times the car finally opened. I went in, set the jug on the table, grabbed my bag, closed the door quietly and went to my car. I sat in and stuck my key in, I turned it but nothing. I knew I was going to be here a while, it was already 7am.

20 minutes later and my car had finally turned on, I pulled out and drove down the street quite easily. I needed peace and quiet and I wasn't going to find that at home. After yesterday night I didn't feel like facing Leo, I had never let my guard down in front of him and the one time I did I was humiliated.

I reached my office and waved at the security guard, who had been there for as long as I could remember. I was about to unlock the back exit when I realised it was already open, I looked around and then entered the building and walked into the elevator. When I reached the top floor the reception light was on, someone was in here.

——————————————————————————

New Chapter! 1062 Words!