19. Threat

After leaving Drift's place I grabbed some food and headed to Eris', knowing her, she would have her head stuffed in paperwork

1 hour later:

Just as I finished conversing with Eris my phone rang, it was an unknown number. I got up walking towards the kitchen,

"Hello." I answered.

"I see you have a new girlfriend, you shouldn't touch things that aren't yours, Eris belongs to me, she always has. If I was you I'd keep an eye over my shoulder everywhere I go, because I'm not letting you off lightly."

"Who the fuck are you?" I growled, curious to who it could be.

"Someone you don't know existed, and I will make Eris mine, even if it means getting rid of you." He threatened, ending the phone call just as I was about to drill him.

I clenched my phone in my hands and slammed my hand on the kitchen island. I walked towards the living room, this had to me Eris' ex if he thinks he will win against me he has another thing coming.

"Hey Eris, could I ask a favour?" I asked, hoping her evil little heart would not decline my offer.

"Sure, what's up?" She answered, sitting up on the sofa.

"I went to see a mate of mine, you've actually met him, Drifter, I was going to ask if he could spend the holidays with us. He would have gone abroad like me but unfortunately we couldn't and he's just found out about the passing of his grandfather. Now after seeing him already you know what he's like, he cant take care of himself, especially not in this state.." Before I could even finish convincing Eris, she interrupted me,

"Yes, that's fine, the more the merrier." She spoke, "Just to let you know my father will be joining us a couple days before Christmas, he will only be here for Christmas and then he's off, back to business."

"But no one starts working until the start of January, even than people start later." I questioned, curious as to why Victor does not spend the holidays with his daughter.

"Oh, you know what he's like." She stated frustratedly, "You can tell him to come over today, I'll get the guest room ready." She surprisingly suggested, not knowing I had already planned his arrival. She left the room and headed upstairs, giving me the chance to let Drifter know I was on my way to pick him up.

30 mins later:

"Thanks bro, I really appreciate this." He called to me as I walked him into Eris' house.

"Don't thank me, thank her, if it wasn't for her I think we would be spending it at yours." I told him, knowing full well, if it wasn't for her nor him or I would be having a decent Christmas. Eris came down and introduced herself to Drifter while leading him upstairs, and as she did he turned and blew a huff at me, emphasising his thoughts on Eris' beauty.

I laughed to myself whilst pulling out my phone and sending Victor a text, who knew getting into business with Victor was going to be so complicated. I was going to be useless for two weeks and not do anything about the call, but I was going to let her father know that his daughter had a secret admirer. I laughed to myself, what kind of humans did Eris go out with, because that behaviour is not normal.

It wasn't long and Eris had gone back to her office and Drifter had joined me in the kitchen. I told him about the anonymous phone call and how Eris' ex was crazy.

"How did he get your number? How does he know you are with Eris? How do you know it's her ex?" Drifter fired questions straight after another.

"If I knew the answers I wouldn't be here discussing it with you. But that's what I'm unsure about and if you met Eris' ex you would understand what I mean by crazy. As far as my number goes, he could have got it from anyone." I answer.

"I should let you know you have it for longer than you're expecting." Drifter warned me.

"You think I don't know that, I have rejected every job offer for years now and the one time I decide I'd take someone up on it, they bring issues along with them. That's why I need everything on Victor and Eris. The quicker I know, the quicker I can get Victor to get his shit together, help me out and then quit following his stubborn daughter around town. Then everything else is their problem, especially her asinine ex." Drifter laughed before slapping my back.

"If I was wrong I think you're falling in love with her." As those words left his mouth I scowled while side eyeing him. I was far from loving her, I hated her, if she didn't enter my life, Pierre would be gone but instead her father came begging like the scum he was and she was the one reason everything was ruined. The only reason I agreed was because Victor would give me access to his men, and it would be a whole lot easier to get the job done. And if it came down to it, the blame could be put on any one of them.

"Well, it's best I tell you everything later, Eris is around and she may overhear." Drifter suggested,

"Yeah, good idea, we're stuck here for the next two weeks so we might as well make it fun. I have ideas to get Eris to hang out with us, maybe if you take this dating thing a bit more seriously you might actually find out something from her." He wiggled his eyebrows before walking out the kitchen, the only way I was going to get through the next two weeks was Drifter, I was thankful he was here. I also had to keep an eye on him, he was good at occupying himself with work especially when it came to his personal life.

Hours later and we had finished dinner and Drifter had us in the living room, he wanted to get to know Eris and this was his way of doing it. The first couple games were board games Drifter had found in Eris' house and the other was a game of his own. Truth or dare but if we failed the dare a truth. I mean it was classic and a way to find things out about people.

I leaned back against the sofa when Drifter dared Eris to kiss me, my eyes met his and I already knew what he was doing. I watched as Eris' eyes met mine, I couldn't deny her eyes were mesmerising, beautiful but also held pain, if you looked close enough. She bit on her bottom lip whilst staring at mine, I readjusted myself as she wet her bottom lip, it did something to me, I looked away as I felt the nerves awaken in my pants.

"Truth." She said, changing her mind, Drifter smiled before asking his question. I watched her and part of me was glad her lips didn't meet mine but another part of me was disappointed.

"We both know who your dad is, but in the previous game you didn't mention anything about your mum, how is she?" Drifter asked, surprising me, we both knew her mum was dead, what was he playing at.

The room fell silent and after a while Eris spoke,

"My mums dead, she died when I was 9." She dropped her head and I could hear the vulnerability in her voice. I knew exactly how she felt, the sting in the heart every time someone mentions your mother, it's heart wrenching.

"I'm so sorry, I know exactly how you feel, my mum died when I was 16." I spoke, watching as her eyes met mine, I hated seeing the look in her eyes, it reminded me of when I was 16 and when I sometimes looked in the mirror. I despised it, the emotion, the pain, the constant need for revenge.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know." Eris sympathised, the room fell silent again but not because of any awkwardness, the voices of a male could be heard from inside Eris house.

"ERIS, PLEASE, COME OUT HERE!"

"Who the fucks that?" Drifter asked, scrunching his brows.

"I know exactly who that is." I clenched my fists before getting up and walking towards the door.

——————————————————————————

1418 Words! New chapter!