8. Exposed

"What's going on here? Eris?" Leo interrupted

"Eris, Hermosa, what are you doing here?" My father smiled, pulling me into a hug.

"Oh I stopped by to see you but Wolf informed me you were busy and should wait." I replied.

"Right, I'm sorry for keeping you waiting." he apologised.

"It's fine padre, Wolf is always great at keeping me company." I smiled at Wolf, knowing I had put him in a difficult situation. I always felt bad when I threatened him, he has always been a second father but I knew it got the job done.

"Great, well I have somewhere to be, Wolf.." Wolf interrupted my father and finished his sentence, "Car." And then turned and left.

My father kissed me goodbye and left. And I let out a sigh feeling an ache in my heart when I saw Wolf leave.

I soon realised I wasn't the only one in the room and Leo stood leaning against the door.

"I don't know why you're still standing there." I sarcastically spoke.

"I still have my duties as your bodyguard and watch the way you speak to me. Otherwise next time I won't be so nice." He replied.

I walked in his direction and stopped beside him, "Well you've failed as my bodyguard today so you can head home, I'm sure I can get through the rest of the day like a stupid, spoiled princess." I forcibly repeated, nudging past him and exiting through the front door.

I watched Wolf and my father leave through the front gates and soon after so did I. I needed to do some research of my own so I headed to my office and asked Scarlett to get me everything she knew about Pierre. Scarlett was the gossiper, the person who knew everything about everyone, it didn't matter how she got all the information, all that mattered was that she knew it.

I dropped down in my chair and pulled open a new tab and my first interesting search in a while was something I'd later regret.

By 9pm I had a file from Scarlett with everything she knew about him, his business and any romantic entanglements that included his name. I closed my laptop screen after saving all the critical information I had found in the last 6 hours. I then pushed into my bag and locked my office door,

"Hey, did you get everything you needed?" Scarlett kindly asked.

"Yes, thank you I did and thanks to you for being the little devil you are I got further than I expected." I thanked her, kissing her goodbye.

"I'm glad and if you need anything you know where I am." Scarlett smirked, knowing full well she would be of no use at the club.

I turned my key and drove home, once I was parked I realised that Leo wasnt with me. I should have thought this through before telling him that he could have the day off. I could ring him and wait for him to come or everything may be fine with me just going in alone. Ohh fuck it, I thought.