Trackstar Antelope Volume 12

Chapter 93: Suddenly dreamt of Unexpected Allies.

I can't fall asleep.

Not because I'm unable to from the fear and torment that I experienced today, but because I know that as soon as I go to sleep, I'm gonna have a frightening dream, which will make me even more scared of carnivores than I already am.

Mum and I discussed that it would be for the best to have tomorrow away from school with all that's going on. I just hope that Dad's gonna be okay after the accident. How would he be able to continue working at the very place he lost his arm at? Being assaulted by his very own best friend, who never meant any harm to him.

It's very late, and I know that I can't make it to sunrise by staying awake for so long. I have to control and comfort myself. No matter how scary and intense things may seem, I have to just remind myself; it's just a dream. I get a glass of water, and make myself comfortable in bed, and I have to prepare myself for what's to come. First, the dream about being devoured at school, then the one with the hyena at the Aerodrome? I'm still having a hard time trying to figure out what the cheetah one means; perhaps it was just a fever dream from when I was sick.

I slowly drift off to sleep, with nothing in my mind except for the events of today.

Just go easy on me.

I find myself in the hospital waiting room again. I see Mr. Murray, Dad's co-workers, and the police officers questioning them. I think Mr. Murray is telling me something, so I begin listening.

"...they're under a blood trance, and they're struggling to comprehend what is right and wrong. I'm sorry to say, but there was a lot of blood." He says. Huh... that's exactly what he said at the hospital. Suddenly, a police officer comes over.

"Mr. Murray, we have a few questions to ask you regarding the incident. If you would just like to step this way..." the police officer says while ushering Mr. Murray into another room. It seems like I'm all alone now. This is the way the nightmare will unfold. The police will all leave, and I'll be devoured by the other "blood tranced" carnivores.

I look outside and notice that it's very stormy, with rain lashing at the windows, and wind blowing fiercely against the building. Weird... we usually have storms in December, not Aug- FFPT.

Oh. The power's gone out. Great, I think we all know what's going to happen next. I look around the room, dimly lit by the outside; furniture knocking around and shadows moving across the room, but with bright red eyes. I knew that most carnivores could see in the dark, but I never thought that their eyes would glow. Anything to get me even more scared.

The red eyes slowly get up and move towards me. I can hear some of them growling and hissing now. Will this be a slow death, or a quick death?

Then, in the corner of my eyes, I see a door swing open. It's the door that Nalu's Dad came out of with the police. The doorway has a blinding light and another silhouette in front of it. It doesn't look like a snow leopard, but instead something much bigger and furrier. Who could that be?

"C'mon Horns, we're here to save you." The silhouette says. I think I know that voice. I think it's... Abe? The silhouette steps towards me, revealing itself. It IS Abe. What's he doing here? Why is he trying to save me? I hesitate a little bit, then realise my options. A group of bloodthirsty carnivores who don't understand what they're doing or a schoolmate who want to help me.

I quickly move towards Abe, who follows behind me and locks the door shut, saving us from the carnivores outside.

"Abe, you... you saved me." I say while looking at him. It feels weird; he has this bizarre aura glowing around him that just assures me that I'd never get hurt while he's around. I kind of get this same feeling around Sam and Coach Harris.