Trackstar Antelope: Volume 21

Chapter 182: Into Town Again

After the grand and somewhat scary Hammer Throw demonstration from Abe, we see another group of students arrive at the track. It looks like Berriwan is having a lunchtime training session. The teachers and coaches of Berriwan move off to set up some equipment, when I can see Fassid and Masama, obviously happy with what they've done to me and Abe.

"Hello everyone." Masama calls out to us all. "I hope you don't mind us, we just wanted to squeeze in a bit of training."

"Not at all, Masama. In fact, we were about to pack up and head off for lunch." Coach Harris told him.

"Lucky us!" Fassid calls out "Tomorrow is when the other schools arrive, so they can practice on the track. Instead, we'll be training in the gym for a bit." He adds, in a horribly fake smile. I'd punch his teeth out, if he had any.

I try to ignore them and move off. I see Tye standing behind me, talking to a few Berriwan athletes.

"Hey... you remember the guy on the first day who called out the bear and the antelope?" one of the athletes says. I don't move, but instead decide to eavesdrop on them. I remember him; a cougar named Monty or something.

"Oh yeah, that's right... that cougar guy. What about him?" Tye replies.

"Well, he was the one who snuck meat into our dorm building." The athlete says. I can feel my body turn limp from shock. That was him!? I was having an argument against some sort of meat-addict only last Thursday?

"No way... you mean that when he was insulting our friends, he was..." Tye says in disbelief.

"There's a rumour he had a little bit before coming to gym. No one knows where he got it from... but it doesn't surprise me. He's been a bit on edge over the past few weeks." The athlete explains.

I'm so deep into this conversation, that I don't even notice Coach Harris trying to talk to me.

"Jamel, are you still with us?" he says, snapping his fingers in my face. I snap back into reality, realising I look like a complete fool.

"Um... yeah." I say, a little overwhelmed.

"We're about to leave now. Do you have all your gear ready?" he says, a little impatient. Oh darn, I left it in the change rooms. I'll need to rush in and out to get it.

"I'll be back very quickly." I say to Coach. I know how impatient he can get...

I hop over the fence and run into the building. I make my way into the male change rooms and see my school bag sitting in the corner of the room. I put my drink bottle inside, swing it around onto my back and turn around to head to the exit.

As soon as I turn around, I see Fassid and Masama blocking the door; their figures casting large silhouettes into the room.

"Hello Jamel. Did you lose something?" Fassid says, in a mysterious tone. He and Masama then start to walk towards me, cornering me.

"Did you enjoy your little trip yesterday? Simple etiquette, you should never taste someone else's drink" Masama tells me.

What's going on here?

Chapter 183: The Weak Amongst Strong

"What do you want from me and Abe? We haven't done anything to you." I say, proudly keeping my cool.

"We're just having a little fun, that's all. I never thought it would be that easy to control and manipulate a bear. I thought they'd be a bit smarter, but I guess that's the downside; living in a dusty little hole like Whigata." Fassid says, wickedly.