Trackstar Antelope Volume 18

Chapter 152: The Great, Small City.

We step off the bus and notice the bizarre, big world around us. Cars and buses whizzing around us everywhere, so many out and about, waiting for buses, taxis and trains. Some already making their way into the big city below. In fact, we only saw a glimpse of a city, and this is just the train station.

"Alright, let's head down" Sam announces. I'm so distracted by the size of a train station that I've completely forgotten about the town. We begin walking into town, before everyone starts talking again.

"We should go to that burger place that we went to last year. I think it was called Bustle." Tye suggested.

"Oh, that place closed down last year, but they opened another burger place nearby." Sona tells him. "I think it only has a carnivore menu, but that's alright." At least they're being considerate to them as well.

"Jamel, I can't believe it's your first time in Lavalla." Kero says in excitement. "You definitely have to check out the shops and all the..."

As Kero continues listing off random places that I should go to, I begin to look around at everything. It's all so green and lush and beautiful. Palm trees in the middle of roundabouts and wide streets and nice bushes lined up along the footpath. All this scenery reminds me of those tropical coastal towns in the north.

"...but anyway, don't go there because it's for reptiles. Did you get all that?" Kero finishes. I guess I didn't, but I don't want him to repeat himself.

"Uh, yeah, I got it. This is such a beautiful town, it's amazing." I say in disbelief.

"Yeah, it's not bad." Jeddi says, looking around. I guess he's seen it all before.

We turn a corner around a building and see a large street ahead of us. There are about 5 sets of traffic lights on this street, and cars travelling in all different directions. So many buildings and businesses poking out from the streets. I look down the road and see a clock on a bank, showing the temperature as well. So many colourful signs, different animals and things going on at the same time.

"Well Jamel... this is Lavalla. What do you think?" Paddo asks me from behind.

"It's a lot going on. I've never been in such a busy place before." I reply.

"Well, Jamel, compared to Durranga, this town is actually pretty small" Sona tells me. I can't even begin to imagine how big it would be.

"This is only one street, Jamel. There's still a bit to see." Paddo adds. "This is Kalnan Street"

"Alright, where do you think we should check out first?" Abe asks my dorm mates. I still think that they're a little intimidated by his size, but that would be normal for herbivores around bears.

"Uhh... well, I'd check out Roundale Mall. It's basically the heart of the city, with all sorts of shops." Sona says.

"Well, let's check that out" Erica offers. At least they all seem to be getting along; I hope Abe isn't discouraged for being ignored.

"I think I remember Roundale Mall. We checked it out last year when we were at the District Finals." Tye said. That's right, I forgot; Erica, Tye and Sam have already been to Lavalla before because of sport. I'm not sure about Nalu and Abe though, because it's also their first time in the District Sports.

I look around a bit more, and notice some large birds flying. They fly so freely and beautifully, before landing in the streets, or onto a building and begin their day of shopping or errands.

We're all so different in many ways without realising it.

Chapter 153: The Dividing Walk

We begin to walk down Kalnan Street and see more of the city. Past various restaurants and bars that would be open later, as well as shops, selling various things, like bikes, computers, fur styling products and so much more. Usually in Whigata, if we want any of this stuff, we have to order online, and wait a week or two for it to arrive by mail. There's basically a store for everything here.