Trackstar Antelope: Volume 25

Chapter 220: Keeping Secrets from Everyone

The group of over 100 students quickly walk back to Berriwan, two schools having to leave early, and nobody knows why...

...but I do.

"Everybody walking in pairs following me back to the campus, and stick TOGETHER!!" Coach Harris says, as well as a few Berriwan teachers. I can sense that he's nervous.

"Has anyone seen Sam or Abe?" Tye asked around. Coach Harris' face drooped. Two of the largest carnivores are missing... both he and Tye would be panicking at the thought of something happening to them. Earlier this afternoon, Tye was telling me about how worried he was about both of them, and I feel bad for him. If only I could tell him, it would make me feel calmer as well.

"No, I saw them leave early on with a couple of herbivores" someone else calls out from behind.

We turn into the gravel driveway, and ahead of us, we see a few police cars with their lights flashing brightly onto the courtyard, with a few police officers, armed and ready to make their way into the school grounds. There's a barricade, blocking off the dorm buildings from the rest of the school. I guess this is a lot bigger than I thought.

"Teachers, please return all students back into their dorm buildings" a police officer calls out from behind us. We all get the idea, and head back to our rooms. I notice there are a few herbivores with me as I walk back to the building. I guess they were curious about what was happening as well.

I slowly move up the stairs, hoping that Sam and Abe are alright, and that Fassid and Masama are shown justice for what they've done. Everyone is moving around the hallways, trying to get a view of what's happening outside, but I just slowly drag myself upstairs, hoping that the worst is over.

I enter the dorm room, to see Kero and Jeddi crowded around the windowsill, they immediately turn around in surprise.

"Paddo? Sona?" they call out, before realizing that it's me. "Oh, Jamel! Have you seen them?" Jeddi adds.

"No, I heard that they were sent here. Why, are they missing?" I ask them. I still need to play dumb, even if it pains me to see them so distressed.

"Oh no..." Kero cries out. "If they aren't here or at the stadium, then where could they be?!" If only I knew exactly where they were right this moment, I'd feel easier too.

I hear a gentle knock on our door. I decide to make things easier for the others and open it myself. We see a large, herbivore police officer standing at the door, writing a few details into his notebook.

"Is this the residence of Jamel, Sona and Paddo?" he asks us.

"Y-yeah. I'm Jamel..." I say. "Is everything okay with Sona and Paddo?" I ask him. He puts his notepad and pencil away.

"Come with me, young man. We have a few questions to ask you." The police officer says. I look back, Kero and Jeddi are standing there, not saying or doing anything. Even I'm a little worried now that something bad has happened to them.

We walk out into the hallway, and I see dozens of heads sticking out from around corners and doorways, curious about everything that's going on. I can't blame them though, it's not every day that a few students go missing and police must investigate every square inch of the schoolyard to track down clues.

The police officer takes me outside, where there are others waiting for me. Among them is Coach Harris, I guess he's got a few questions himself. He looks beyond pissed off... I hope he thinks I have nothing to do with it. I don't want to face the wrath of this panther.

"Hello Jamel" Coach Harris says, angrily. "Thought you'd sneak away without me noticing?" I guess he knows...

Chapter 221: The Words I Haven't Heard