Trackstar Antelope Volume 41

Chapter 384: Murraban Bound!

The train moves along, stopping at various platforms along the way. The meat-addicted lizard guy has moved off to another carriage. I don't know what I would've done if I was alone...

As we stop at the stations, more and more students get on, going to Murraban Tech for the session

We sit in silence for a while, and I notice a few students from the other schools looking down the carriage towards me. They seem like they're Nalu's age, and they're trying to be discreet, but it's very obvious that they're looking my way.

I can't hear what they're saying, but they sound kind of excited... maybe they wanted to see me do well in training today, and probably beat a few carnivores in training!

Wow... that sounded really narcissistic...

~~~

The train keeps on heading out of the city, stopping at a few more stations, just to let some commuters on and off. But almost everyone on this train is heading out to Murraban Tech for training.

The train stops just outside the university, and we move off, alongside the many other schools and students. Through the crowds of students and teachers, I make sure I stick close to Coach Harris and Sam. When I'm in Whigata, I'm fine being by myself in a situation like this. But I'm surrounded by unfamiliar animals, in a place that I'm not too sure about, in a city that seemingly has devouring attacks happen way more often...

It surely isn't bad to have a bit of reassurance around two large carnivores who I trust... It's not like I'm holding their hands or asking them to protect me at all costs. I'm sure all the athletes are very nice, and respectful towards herbivores, and more timid animals... but after that little hurdle in Berriwan...

Well, I can't be too certain.

"I have no idea what to expect this session..." Peri tells me "But I heard that there's some sort of "lab experiment" that they need our help with".

"Oh... that's what I was going to explain" Coach Harris says, flashing a big, cheesy grin. "You'll be alright Peri, as long as you've behaved..."

I see Peri start to sweat a little bit, as Sam and I look at each other in confusion... what the hell is that supposed to mean?

Chapter 385: The Cheetah Challenges Me

We walk further into the school, where we see our student coaches, including Sophia and Murani, waiting just outside the gym. I can also see Mr. Matigas.

"Welcome everyone to Murraban Technical College. What this school may not have in athletic facilities, it definitely makes up in health and science tech" Mr. Matigas says, introducing us.

We head inside to get changed, where we move past Murani, and it feels like he's staring me and Sam down... it's really nerving, considering how big and strong red kangaroos are. We find Maku and Kevin, who seem happy to see us.

"Hey guys" Kevin says, happy to see us. "How was your weekend?"

"It was peaceful without the coaches running us around everywhere..." Sam replied "Coach Harris took us to Kulin Village too".

"And Sam, you and Maku had the interview at Tabud Nari" I added. Sam looks at me in annoyance. Oh man, he told me not to mention that in front of Maku...

"Oh yeah! How did that go?" Kevin says as he looks at Maku and Sam. Maku just turns away and walks off, trying to ignore our conversation... should I apologise to him and Sam?

"Uh, yeah... not bad. I'm feeling confident about it, I guess" Sam replies. The two large cats keep talking as I walk over to Maku to discuss things with him. I'm sure he didn't do that badly in his interview.