Eyes of Malevolence

Bill's car took off.

My eyes darted from one side of the vehicle to the other, I could not see anything at all out of the car windows.

My world was all a blur, besides what was in front of me.

All I could make out was Tom's phantom car ripping through the wind in front of us. My hands gripped the seats of the car anxiously as I briefly closed my eyes before opening them again to look back at Ria. Of course, she was still laughing and cheering on Bill happily.

I felt the rush of adrenaline going through my entire body the more I got used to my current fate. I was smiling and laughing now too. Not because I was glad, but maybe because of how nervous I was during this moment. I couldn't tell. At least I wasn't as terrified anymore.

Bill's eyes were locked on the road in front of him. His car dodged other drivers like obstacles back and forth with the speed of lighting. The engine of his car popped like thunder. The rumbling, however, echoed throughout the city streets as Bill was slamming his foot on the accelerator.

No matter how hard Bill tried to reach Tom, he was always just a couple of feet behind his brother.

"Goddammit Tom" Bill whispered under his breath, his hands gripping the steering wheel with frustration.

My eyes were locked on Tom's phantom car. Tom lashed his Audi and made it turn to the right on the continuous road. Midway through his turn, it looked like he was making the car dance with the way it was turning around so seamlessly. My eyes widened and I closed them shut again. Tom was a goner, he was going so fast, there was no way he would be able to control his car and survive at this rate. I was not prepared to witness a tragic and gruesome death before me.

I opened one of my eyes, and the noir car zoomed past us like the wind. I gasped, how did Tom manage to swerve all the way through without tipping his entire car over just now?

Bill steered his wheel to his right suddenly as well, creating an insanely loud screech. Smoke was erupting from the tires of his car. I think I'm getting sick. It looked like it was our turn to experience this roller coaster now. To my surprise, the turn did not stop or slow us down at all. Instead, it allowed Bill's Audi to bounce back into its original speed right away and move forward once more.

This group... Tokio Hotel was it? Whatever their name was, they did not possess normal cars. That I was sure of. There was no way their cars would not have flipped on their side with a sudden turn like that, causing an accident. That's what was supposed to happen. It's what would have happened to any regular car. Even a race car.

Ria gripped my arm as we whipped back. The moment this death box finally turned around was when I was able to capture a glimpse of Kristina's ghostly car. The swerve across the wide road slowed her down significantly. Before I knew it, we were already far away from her. Bill looked in his rearview mirror and laughed loudly as the figure of Kristina's car got smaller and smaller the faster we drove away with Georg on our tail. Of course, the turn did not slow him down at all.

The car stopped, and it felt like my body was back on earth again. The speeds Bill's vehicle reached felt out of this world. I could not imagine what it would've been like in Tom's car. That guy was much farther away from us and was going significantly faster than Bill was.

I breathed slowly in and out to regulate my heartbeat. My adrenaline rush was finally dying down a bit. All I could hear now was the crowd erupting with cheers and screams again.

"God... That was amazing" Ria closed her eyes and leaned back against her car seat.

I could not speak to Ria at that moment. It felt like my mind was about to explode. I couldn't believe what I just went through. How did I get through that entire race without having a panic attack? I honestly have no clue. Bill had already left the car, and Ria began opening her door. She trembled a bit as she walked out.