Remembering You

I had a couple sips of champagne with Lauren and Morgan. Too bad we didn't bring our swimsuits, because the pool looked so relaxing. I wanted to jump in so bad. There's always next time I guess. Maybe I can take Tom if there's ever another pool party to attend? Anyways, I continued admiring the gorgeous scenery that was laid out in front of us after we finished dancing some more. The wind picked up a bit and I felt it run through my hair. All of a sudden, there was a buzz coming from my phone, which was in the back pocket of my skirt.

I reached to grab it, there was a text from Tom that read "What u up to"

I was planning on leaving the party with the girls already and just going straight home. There wasn't really any place I had in mind to go with Tom. I was hitting blanks. I looked up from my phone and spotted a blue neon sign flashing in the corner of my eye. The lettering was in cursive, spelling out the word "Everlasting". I'm assuming it's the name of a company, it piqued my interest.

"What's that place?" I asked the girls, pointing at the flashing sign.

Morgan glanced over to where I was pointing "Everlasting? It's a tattoo shop! They do some great work. Georg wanted something done from there for a while now but never got around to it"

A tattoo shop? Interesting.

Then it hit me, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.

I looked at my phone, texting back to Tom: "Going to Everlasting"

Sent.

I looked back at both the girls and smiled "let's go"

"Ooo, what tattoo are you thinking of getting Taylor?" Lauren chuckled.

"You'll see soon enough"

"Ok! we like surprises" Lauren said as she winked.

Lauren was intrigued at my idea. Morgan's face on the other hand looked like it was filled with concern, which was understandable. It was a very sudden and shocking remark, especially when it's coming from someone like me. I don't usually make such rash decisions on the spot like this, but deep down I knew this was what I wanted to do.

Morgan groaned "Better not be something you'll regret"

"Don't worry, can't see myself ever regretting it" I assured her.

My soul knows I won't.

"Alright, if you say so"

We began making our way out of the party; holding on to the black railing that hugged around the building all the way down. Once we got off the staircase, all three of us began walking the Tokyo streets. The city was bustling like it always was. Everyone was so busy, having places to be and people to meet. The tattoo shop was a mere walking distance from us, so we didn't need a taxi or anything. Morgan just led the way confidently.

Everlasting, that place was unlike any other I had seen before. We began to approach the shop, it's exterior was all white and had a bunch of intricate artwork on posters plastered about here and there. They mainly showcased various thinly lined designs and styles. On one side of the building, there was a spray painted mural of a black cat emerging from what appeared to be ink. The entrance of the door was an art in itself, a carved wooden frame painted white. As Morgan pushed the door open to let us walk in, a soft chime announced our arrival. Inside, Everlasting had this sort of ambience that put me at ease. It was mainly the quiet classical music in the background that made me feel this way. There was blue lighting that bathed the space, and I noticed the whole area seemed to have an industrial vibe to it. The walls had framed photographs hung up that displayed some of the shop's detailed tattoos on satisfied customers. The place was also divided into several sections, each one catered to different artists and styles.