Bittersweet

**The next day**

I looked at myself through the lengthy bathroom mirror while applying a sparkly, gray eyeshadow all across my eyelid. Beneath the mirror, a marble vanity held an array of expensive perfumes, gleaming jewellery with tags still attached, and crystal-clear glass containers that were filled with artisanal soaps and lotions. Lauren and Morgan were laughing as they applied their makeup alongside me.

Morgan donned a black turtleneck paired with a flowing, long brown skirt and some white sneakers. While Lauren showcased her elegant appearance in a black, loose button up. Which was complimented by high-waisted, pleated white pants. Completing her ensemble were black ballet flats with buckle straps.

My mind was refusing to accept the fact that I knew where Tom kept his blueprints. They were inside his guitar this whole time. Just the mere knowledge gnawed at my insides. It felt like a burdensome secret that I had to uphold, since not even Tom's own group members knew about the fact.

This simple instrument transformed into an inexplicable vessel of great importance, whether I liked it or not.

I moved away from the mirror and admired my finished look. I decided to go with a sophisticated appearance today. My cat-eye was sharp, while the eyeshadow I applied earlier gave off a faint shine. For lipstick, I applied a dark nude color; it was matte rather than glowy. My hair was wavy, I had brushed it out. Adorned in a long, gray leather maxi skirt with a sharp slit, I paired it with white knee-high boots. Up top, a white blouse knotted elegantly, revealing a hint of my stomach.

Not only did I know where the blueprints were, I was also Tom's girlfriend now. That title alone was a bargain on my life, because who knows what's to come after everyone finds out Tom has just one woman he truly cares about?

I was ready. I didn't care if some random asshole could try me, I'll just kick their ass.

A thought suddenly dawned on me. What if Lauren and Morgan get hurt?

Lauren looked away from the mirror, glancing over at me "What are you all pent up for Taylor?"

"What if we get attacked at the party? I mean, I'm mainly concerned about the two of you. What if I'm not there in time to stop it?"

We were invited to a rooftop party, and a bunch of rich people were coming. Of course, it was Lauren that discovered it and how we found out we were invited in the first place. It's what would happen practically all the time, we would get invited to numerous parties constantly. Most of the time however, we wouldn't even go because it's way too often we would receive these constant invites. This one seemed pretty fun and chill though, a relaxing night on a rooftop is just what we needed to unwind. Plus, I wanted to spend some more time with Morgan and Lauren, but the thought of them getting hurt formed a pit in my stomach.

Lauren paused, a wave of stern emotions began clouding her eyes.

Her hand rested on my shoulder as she spoke "I understand Taylor, but don't worry. You're not the only one all cool and stealthy. I've known how to protect myself for a long time, and Morgan probably needs a bit more work on combat-"

"HEY!" Morgan shouted "I'm getting better"

"Right..." Lauren chuckled, her voice became quieter as she turned back to continue talking to me "Taylor, we'll be ok. Stop blaming yourself. What happened wasn't your fault"

I sighed "Alright. You know me though, I'm gonna be worried about you guys"

At least the two knew some combat, I felt a slight bit of relief washing over me.

She smiled "Don't be. We can handle ourselves just fine, so relax. It'll be a fun evening"

I appreciated Lauren comforting me and trying to lift my spirits when I felt hesitant. She always seemed to know how to brighten the mood.