Chapter 11: Dad, Please Watch Over Me

Int. Niijima Residence – Morning

The date is now Tuesday, June 22nd. Makoto, quietly, opens her bedroom door and makes her way outside of her room. She sneaks her way into her father's room, trying not to wake up her sister. Makoto makes her way into her father's room and is struck with an immense feeling of sadness when she looks at how empty and sad the room looks. She fights this feeling and makes her way to her father's nightstand. She opens the drawer and pulls out a box; she opens the box and it is revealed that it has her father's old revolver in it. The revolver is a Smith and Wesson Model 29 Revolver that has a wooden base and is silver in color. Makoto checks the cylinder and sees that there are 6 rounds in it. She clicks the cylinder shut and continues to study the weapon. Makoto speaks to herself.

Makoto Niijima: I'm sorry, sis. I have to do this. I can't let you get hurt. Dad, please watch over me.

Makoto closes the box that the revolver was in and puts the box back in the drawer. She shuts the drawer and makes her way out of her father's room with the revolver, quietly, closing the door behind her. Makoto makes her way back into her room and closes the door behind her.

Ext. Shibuya – After School

Makoto is waiting outside of Central Street, Shibuya, waiting for the others to show up. She looks around her and starts to get nervous when she imagines people are looking at her funny. She starts to get flashbacks to what Kaneshiro's men did to her and starts flicking the rubber band on her wrist, trying to calm herself down. Her hands start shaking.

Ryuji Sakamoto (Off Screen): HEY, YOU GOOD?!

Ryuji and Ann make their way to Makoto, after seeing her panicking. Makoto regains her composure and rolls up her sleeve to hide the rubber band.

Makoto Niijima: I...I'm alright. I...don't know what just happened.

Ann Takamaki: We shouldn't have let you wait for us here like this. That was a stupid idea. I'm sorry.

Makoto Niijima: No, it's quite alright. I can't hide from here, forever.

Ryuji Sakamoto: I have to ask, how the hell did you convince your sister to come here?

Makoto Niijima: I...told her I was helping you guys study and that you would be with me the whole time. She did say that if anything happened to me on your watch that she would...

Ryuji Sakamoto: I...uh...don't really need to hear the rest of that. I think I get the picture. Haha.

Yusuke walks up to the group.

Yusuke Kitagawa: Ah, you all are already here. I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long.

Ann Takamaki: Nah, we just got here too.

Makoto Niijima: Well, it looks like everyone's here...or everyone that was planning on coming.

Morgana (Off Screen): HAVE NO FEAR!

Akira and Morgana make their way to the group. Akira doesn't make eye contact with the rest of the group. Morgana's head is sticking out of his back pack. Akira's face is still swollen.

Ryuji Sakamoto: Well, look who decided to show up.

Akira Kurusu: The cat wouldn't stop bothering me about it...

Morgana: THAT'S NOT THE ONLY REASON! He was telling me earlier that he was worried about his friends going after Kaneshiro alone!

Ann Takamaki: Awe, he actually cares about us.