Chapter 20: Show's Over

Int. Kaneshiro's Palace – After School

Right before the missiles hit Makoto, they are both struck down, mid-air, by a giant arrow covered in light. Both of the rockets, explode, before they can make contact with Makoto. The Bael is in shock.

Bael (Off Screen): WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!

Makoto, slowly, turns around to see where the arrow came from. A familiar voice starts speaking.

Familiar Voice (Off Screen): I made a promise...as a detective...as a partner...and as a friend, that I would not let anything happen to you, Makoto! I can't have you dying on me...your sister would kill me.

Makoto notices Akechi standing behind her with a different attire, than his usual detective suit. Akechi's Metaverse attire is a noble's attire, consisting of a pure white regalia that has red accents on it; Akechi's mask is a long-nosed Venetian mask which looks like it has a long bird's beak on it. Makoto speaks, tiredly.

Makoto Niijima: A-Akechi?

Goro Akechi: It seems as though it was a good thing that I followed you all in here. Allow me to provide you all with some assistance.

Akechi removes his mask and calls upon his Persona, Robin Hood. Robin Hood appears from a blue flame, just like the other Personas and stands, tall, behind Akechi. Robin Hood is based on the heroic outlaw in English folklore and was both a skilled archer and swordsman; the Persona version looks more like a super hero, bearing a golden cape that matches the giant golden bow that he has in his hands. His attire is, primarily white, with a bright blue center that has his initials "RH" on it. He wears a white colored helmet that covers his head and a face mask covering his face; he has black and white pants with plain white boots as well.

Goro Akechi: ROBIN HOOD, HEAL THEM, IMMEDIATELY!

Robin Hood readies his arrow and it turns a bright purple color and he shoots it into the air above all of the Phantom Thieves members as it covers them all in a bright light.

Bael (Off Screen): WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

The "Phantom Thieves", including Makoto, are healed by the radiant light coming from the arrow. Ryuji and Ann manage to pick themselves up, as Morgana and Yusuke are able to do the same. The last person to pick himself up is Akira. Makoto's injuries are healed for the most part. Akechi falls to one knee, from exhaustion of performing such a demanding move but picks himself up, to keep fighting. He makes his way towards Akira. Akechi laughs.

Goro Akechi: I knew there was something strange about you, ever since we first met at Leblanc. To think, you would be a member of the notorious "Phantom Thieves."

Akira Kurusu: You here to arrest us?

Goro Akechi: I haven't decided, yet. At the moment, I say we deal with the criminal scum right in front of us.

Bael scoffs.

Bael (Off Screen): You think this changes anything?

Goro Akechi: In a world that is as cruel as this one, it is up to me to make sure that justice is served to those that deserve it most. Junya Kaneshiro, you will be punished for your actions; JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL!

Bael (Off Screen): DON'T GIVE ME THAT BULLSHIT!

The machine guns on the side of the Piggy-tron aim at Akechi and Akira and starts firing at the both of them.

Goro Akechi: ROBIN HOOD, DEFEND!

Both Akira and Akechi are protected from the bullets by a giant wall of light formed by Robin Hood. Akechi struggles to keep the wall of light up. Akechi speaks while struggling.