Chapter 22: The Deal

Int. Café Leblanc – Evening

The group of Akira, Ryuji, Ann, Morgana, Yusuke and Makoto are sitting inside of the attic of Leblanc, watching the news on the tv.

Ryuji Sakamoto: Dude, this tv is absolute garbage; where the hell did you get it?

Akira Kurusu: Stop complaining; it's better than nothing. Makoto, did you text Akechi?

Makoto Niijima: I did. He said he would meet us here and that there was something he wanted to talk to us about.

Ann Takamaki: That sounds concerning...

Yusuke Kitagawa: I wonder what his intensions are? He could very well be plotting to arrest us as we speak.

Akira Kurusu: We'll just have to hope that's not the case.

The group is interrupted by Sojiro yelling at them from the floor below.

Sojiro Sakura (Off Screen): HEY, THE DETECTIVE KID IS HERE; I SENT HIM UP THERE WITH YOU GUYS! HOPE THAT'S OKAY!

Akechi makes his way up the stairs to the attic and smiles at the group.

Goro Akechi: Good evening. I hope I didn't keep you all waiting too long.

The group stares at Akechi, silently.

Goro Akechi: Right, I suppose you all want to get right down to business.

Akira Kurusu: Do want me to get a chair for you from downstairs?

Goro Akechi: No, I prefer standing, if that's alright with you? Thank you for the offer, though.

Makoto Niijima: Akechi, if you don't mind me asking; I'm curious as to how you obtained your powers?

Goro Akechi: To be frank, I'm still wrapping my mind around it, myself. It all felt like a...weird dream. After my experience in that other world, it makes Naoto's story seem a lot more probable.

Ryuji Sakamoto: STOP BEATING AROUND THE BUSH! JUST GET TO THE POINT!

Goro Akechi: My apologies. I was having a late lunch with your sister, Makoto, and on my way back to my apartment, I stumbled upon you all, about to travel to this other world. I decided to follow you all into this world and into the bank, for that matter. Unfortunately, I ended up losing you all while inside of the bank and was getting knocked around by the security guards. I...thought for sure I was going to die but then...I had this massive headache.

Akira Kurusu: A headache, huh? Let me guess, that's when you awakened to your power, right?

Goro Akechi: Yep. I heard this voice inside of my head and...the rest is a bit fuzzy but I remember ripping a mask off of my face...which was quite painful...and then this strange creature showed up behind me. His name was Robin Hood and he shared the voice that was inside of my head.

Ryuji Sakamoto: You really got fucking Robin Hood as your Persona...I guess it kind of makes sense, if you think about it.

Goro Akechi: After that, I used this new power to defeat the bank security guards and I was able to track you all down. You all know the rest, I imagine.

Makoto Niijima: Hm...it sounds like your awakening was nearly identical to mine...

Yusuke Kitagawa: Mine as well...

Akira Kurusu: All of our awakenings were similar.

Goro Akechi: You all have been using this power to steal people's hearts this whole time...and here, I thought you all were nothing but a bunch of vigilantes.