Chapter 13: Hood Queen

Int. Shibuya Subway Station – Later

The group is now back in the real world, inside of the Shibuya Subway Station. Makoto is sitting on the floor, slumped back, asleep, while the rest of the group watches her.

Ryuji Sakamoto: Dude, she's asleep...

Morgana pops his head out of Akira's backpack.

Morgana: I mean, did you see how much power this female awakened too? Shit was intense!

Ann Takamaki: I'm so not pissing her off, again. She's kind of scary in that world, not going to lie.

Akira Kurusu: I guess that's what happens when you keep that shit boiling inside you for too long.

Ryuji Sakamoto: Well, Kaneshiro said that he's leaving the ramp down for us...the bastard is challenging us at this point.

Yusuke Kitagawa: Hm, his overconfidence shall be his downfall, then. Although, what will we do with her? She now has the same power as us, correct?

Ann Takamaki: That is true. Plus, we probably wouldn't have made it out of there alive if it wasn't for her.

Ryuji Sakamoto: We should ask her to join!

Akira Kurusu: We can talk about this another day. I think we should let her rest for the time being.

Ryuji Sakamoto: Looks like she's already getting a head start on that. What are we going to do with her, exactly? She ain't budging.

Akira Kurusu: You guys can head home. It's getting late. I'll use her phone to text her sister to pick us up and keep an eye on her til her sister gets here.

Morgana: Damn, that means I have to stay too!

Ann Takamaki: Okay, we'll all meet up, again, tomorrow, alright? We still can't afford to waste too much time with this palace, okay? There's a lot at stake here.

Akira Kurusu: You're telling me...

Ryuji, Ann and Yusuke say their goodbyes and then leave. Akira sits down, next to Makoto, leaning back against the wall as well. Akira notices Makoto's phone sticking out of her pocket. Akira speaks to himself.

Akira Kurusu: Shit, I have to try to not make this look creepy...

Akira, carefully, takes Makoto's phone out of her pocket and, easily, unlocks it.

Akira Kurusu: No passcode, huh?

Akira looks at Makoto's wallpaper on her phone and it's a picture of her, her sister and their father at Christmas time.

Akira Kurusu: You do look a lot like him...

Akira goes to Makoto's texts and clicks on the thread that's already been created for Makoto and Sae. Akira texts Sae that Makoto is asleep, after helping everyone with their studies. He sends the text and puts the phone back in Makoto's pocket.

Akira Kurusu: You were pretty impressive in there. A little hot blooded but impressive, nonetheless.

Makoto, still asleep, smiles and leans her head on Akira's chest and starts, quietly, snoring. Akira laughs and closes his eyes as well, feeling fatigued from fighting Shadow Kaneshiro and his Shadows as well. Makoto and Akira both rest as they wait for Sae to show up to pick them both up. Morgana begins to rest in Akira's backpack, after hearing what Akira is telling Makoto.

Int. Shibuya Subway Station – Later

Makoto and Akira are both fast asleep as Sae finally arrives and watches the both of them. Akira senses that Sae is there and, slowly, opens his eyes. She smiles at the both of them.