Chapter 17: You're Safe, Now

Int. Café Leblanc – After School

The group of Akira, Ryuji, Makoto, Yusuke, Ann and Morgana are inside of the attic of Leblanc, discussing the effectiveness of the calling card.

Ryuji Sakamoto: Do you think it worked? We put that damn calling card all over Shibuya.

Ann Takamaki: That was a pretty good idea, Makoto; since he thinks he basically owns all of Shibuya, this has to get his attention.

Makoto Niijima: I definitely think he received the card; I got a text from his number, earlier, reminding me about the deadline and threatening Akira and I. He seems like he's become overrun by anger.

Akira Kurusu: That's good. He might not be thinking straight right now.

Yusuke Kitagawa: So, we shall attack, tomorrow, after school, correct?

Makoto Niijima: Yes. We'll meet in Shibuya, first, since it's closer for us to meet there, rather than in the attic. We just have to make sure we don't do it in public...maybe, in a back alley or something.

Akira Kurusu: Yeah, I want to get this shit done as soon as possible.

Morgana: Alright, get some rest, ya'll...we're definitely going to need it for tomorrow. I doubt this asshole is going to go down without a fight.

Makoto Niijima: I'll be glad to give him one if he asks for it.

Ann Takamaki: Remember, Makoto, we need him alive in order for the change of heart to work, correctly.

Makoto Niijima: I know...I...can control the anger, I promise. I won't let that piece of shit turn me into a monster like him.

Akira Kurusu: Alright, tomorrow after school, we end this for good.

The group nods at each other in agreement.

Int. District Special Investigation Unit Building – Later

Akechi is working at his work station in the SIU building, getting caught up on some paperwork. Sae is still at her home, taking time off from work. Akechi keeps glancing at his phone, anticipating a call or text from Hikari. There's dark bags under Akechi's eyes from a lack of sleep. Akechi speaks to himself.

Goro Akechi: I need to get a grip...I'm starting to lose it...I can barely read these files...

Someone calls Akechi's phone and it begins to vibrate on his desk. Akechi, quickly, answers it.

Goro Akechi: Hello?

Hikari speaks, panicked, on the side of the phone call.

Hikari Sasaki (Off Screen): A-Akechi...he's here. HE'S REALLY MAD FOR SOME REASON! I'M SCARED! HE'S THREATENING THE DOCTORS AND NURSES!

Akechi stands up out of his chair with urgency.

Goro Akechi: Hikari, don't worry. I'm on my way, now.

Akechi hears yelling in the background on the phone and Hikari hangs up the phone.

Goro Akechi: Damn it.

Akechi turns his attention to everyone, who's working in the same area as him.

Goro Akechi: THERE'S A SITUATION GOING ON IN TOKYO METROPOLITAN HIROO HOSPITAL, I NEED A BACK UP UNIT CALLED IN, IMMEDIATELY! I'M MAKING MY WAY THERE, NOW!

Akechi rushes out of the area while the other SIU employees follow his orders.

Int. Tokyo Metropolitan Hiroo Hospital – Moments Later