Chapter 25: The Dance

Int. Niijima Residence – Later

Sae is getting ready for the dance while Makoto is in her room getting her hair done by Eiko. Sae is wearing a black dress with matching earrings. Akechi makes his way into the house through the front door. He greets Sae as he makes his entrance.

Goro Akechi: I hope I'm not too late.

Sae Niijima: No, you're perfectly fine. Makoto is still getting ready.

Goro Akechi: Is Akira here, yet?

Sae Niijima: Nope, not yet. You drove here, right?

Goro Akechi: Yep. I think I remembered to bring everything as well.

Sae Niijima: Everything? What did you have to bring?

Goro Akechi: Oh, Akira wanted me to...

The two hears footsteps and sees Eiko making her way out of Makoto's room.

Sae Niijima: All done?

Eiko Takao: Yep. She doesn't seem too thrilled about the hair but I think it looks pretty. I also, had to do a lot of convincing for the makeup portion as well...

Sae Niijima: I'm surprised you were able to convince her.

Eiko Takao: Oh, I can be quite persuasive when I need to be. She'll be out in a second. She's just putting on her earrings, I think.

Sae Niijima: What did you think of the dress?

Eiko Takao: Red is definitely her color...again though, she doesn't seem too thrilled about wearing it.

Sae Niijima: The girl's never worn a dress in her life...actually, she's never worn heels, either.

Stumbling can be heard coming from Makoto's room.

Makoto Niijima (Off Screen): Why would any girl, willingly, walk in these?

Sae speaks to herself, quietly.

Sae Niijima: Hopefully, she can avoid killing herself in them.

Eiko Takao: Where's lover boy? Makoto hasn't stopped talking about him for the last hour.

Sae Niijima: I'm sure he'll show, if he values his life.

Goro Akechi: Take it easy on him, Sae. I'm sure he'll come.

There's a knock on the front door.

Goro Akechi: See, I told you.

Sae makes her way to the front door and opens it. Akira is standing in front of her, smiling, while holding a small bouquet of yellow flowers and a very large bouquet of red roses.

Sae Niijima: Glad to see you could make it.

Akira hands Sae the small bouquet of yellow flowers.

Akira Kurusu: For you, the lovely sister of my date.

Sae takes the flowers.

Sae Niijima: Alright, you can come on in. She's almost ready.

Akira makes his way into the house, still holding the large bouquet of flowers.

Eiko Takao: Wow, who's this handsome devil?

Goro Akechi: I see you actually put some effort into your appearance...

Akira Kurusu: Did you think I would just show up in my regular clothes?