Ch.4

Hours passed and the tears has dried as Y/n sat in Tonys arms. The hospital was still, and they have heard no news on Katherine. "Why?" This was the first thing Y/n has said since she first sat down. "What?" Tony mumbled looking into the sad girl's eyes. "Why do you care? You don't know me and when I did meet you, I yelled at you." Tony sat there quiet; he doesn't really know what he should do. It's not he could say 'oh no, it's cool I'm just your long-lost dad, who had no idea you existed.'

"Well, you were angry, and you have to understand I didn't know till it was too late." "Know what?" "About your mom, about you." Y/n mind was trying to piece together what he was saying the best she could. Why would he know about her too late? "Why did mom ask you to monitor me? After years of not seeing you?" "Y/n I don't think now is the time to talk about this." "Who are you to my mom?" "No one" "If you were no one then she wouldn't have asked you to watch me." "Y/n-" "Who are you to me?" Silence fell and Tony was in a bind of course he wanted to tell her.

But if he told her then she would not see her dad, she would see a random man that wasn't there for her. Tony knew that he is a realist he knows. "Well!" "I'm your father" what else was he supposed to say. She has to know at some point. "What?" "Y/n you have to know I had no idea, not until a few days ago. I'm so sorry. Your mother called me after years and explained it." Y/n just stared at him, no tears, no sniffles just confusion. Then an alarm went off and doctors were rushing in.

Y/n immediately got up and tried to enter the room full of doctors. Her mother was unconscious and there were doctors all around her. "Mom!?" A nurse was blocking the door "I'm sorry mam but you cannot be in here." "No, what's happening? Mom!?" tony held Y/n back trying to drag her back to the seats. Then all the doctors stopped and started to look at each other and they all looked down. Y/n could feel her heart sink. "No! Mom! Get off of me! Mama!"

They didn't have to tell her she knew; she knew that her mother was gone. She could feel it. She could feel her heart break. "Mama, please." Y/n whispered as she collapsed onto the floor, Tony holding her tightly. After a little while they were already clearing the room and Tony took that as a sign that they have to go. "Come on Y/n." "No, not yet." "Y/n, it's time to go." Tony spoke gently to the girl, "where will I go?"

Tony picked her up from the ground and hugged her tightly. He guided her outside, and to his car. Y/n didn't say anything she didn't know what to say. Tony texted Pepper and told her to get the guest room ready. "You're going to stay with me, and before you fight me just know there is no way in hell you are going to be alone right now." "Ok" Y/n had no energy to fight, no energy to make a snide remark she just wanted to curl up in a big ball and cry. She wanted her mother.

They drove to Tonys silently he had one hand on the wheel and the other holding Y/n hand. He wasn't there for her then, but he is now. She's not going to be alone. When they got to Tony's she walked shortly behind him not bothering to gape at the technology around her. She was just tired. "Tony what has happened?" A women came rushing in she had long strawberry blonde hair and a college t - shirt with sweatpants. "I'll tell you in a minute, Y/n this is Pepper my girlfriend, Pepper this is Y/n my daughter." The word daughter coming out of Tony's mouth sounded so foreign and in all honestly, he could get used to it.

Pepper just kind of stared awkwardly at the young tear-stained girl. "Hi, sweety do you want something to eat?" She asked fiddling with her hands. "No, thank you." "How about some water?" "No, Thank you." Tony put a hand on her shoulder "I'm going to take her upstairs she's pretty tired, but we will eat in the morning, right?" He asked looking at Y/n expectingly. She just, weakly nodded.

Tony took her to a huge room, "this room is bigger than my house." Tony giggled at this before he became serious. "Look kiddo I know you don't know me all that well, but I got you ok your safe. I'm going to get you one of my shirts, so you don't have to sleep in jeans, ok?" "ok" Y/n sat at the bed looking around the room, it was kind of bland compared to the rest of the house. But there was a huge window with a beautiful view of New York. Over the city was the moon.

Y/n sat on the windowsill and watched the moon until Tony came in and gave her a shirt. "Thank you." "Of course," and gave her a half kind of hug and left to go and talk to Pepper.

"Ok so what's happening?" Pepper asked making Tony a glass of whiskey, "Katherine died, I couldn't leave Y/n, I won't leave Y/n." "Ok, Tony have you thought this threw? A child you have known for five minutes?" "She isn't a child I've known for five minutes; she is my daughter. Let's be honest I've brought worse things home. Oh, and before I forget I need to get her stuff from the house." "Wait she's staying here; does she know this?" "I'm not letting her be alone, and certainly not in a house filled with memories of her mother. Jarvis?" "Yes sir?" "Make an appointment with a funeral director and make appointment with Y/n's school so I can talk to them." "Yes sir."

"Tony? Are you sure about this?" "Pepper, I'm not leaving her. I lost my parents and when I was alone, I turned into...well me, and I'm letting that happen to her. Nothing you or anyone else is going to change the way I am going to be there for her. Ok?" Ok." "OK, I love you now go and get some sleep. I'm going to be setting some things up." Pepper gave him a kiss on the cheek and left without saying a word.