Ch.12

Steve Rogers pulled into the gravel driveway; he slides off his sunglasses when he sees no one waiting for him. He slides out of the car and searches the main living areas of Tony's house. He walks down the stairs, seeing Tony and Bruce watching a surveillance.

"Jarvis?"

"Yes sir?"

"Could you get the door?" Without a second would the door opened. Bruce turns and gives Steve a tight smile. Tony kept his eyes on the surveillance, as Steve got closer, he saw a hologram of Y/n sitting on her bed. "Hey, Y/n wasn't waiting for me, everything okay?" Tony scoffed and Bruce silently handed the backpack to Steve.

He sighed as he searched the bag for anything else. "Tony? What are dummy gummies?" Steve asked bringing the small bag out. Tony turned, and Steve handed over the gummies. "They're weed Gummies Rogers." Tony said defeatedly, throwing the bag on the table.

"How did she get those?" Bruce asked examining the bag. "There not very hard to get Bruce." Tony mumbled looking back at the recording of his daughter. "Yeah, but you were a twenty-year-old, she is sixteen?"

"Are you saying she has ad dealer?" Steve asked a little shocked, and very worried. "A dealer for gummies? If she is going that far she might as well smoke it?" Bruce reasoned, taking a gummy out and sniffing it. "Only one way to find out." Tony said standing abruptly heading straight for the door. Steve put a hand on his shoulder, "maybe you I should go."

"She's my daughter, I'm handling this!" Tony raised shoving Steves hand away. "Your too worked up, I'll go, and you listen in. If you would like talk to her after." Tony sighed but grudgingly nodded, and Steve left heading straight to her room.

He stopped at her door and sighed trying to contemplate what to say. He sat for a sec but could not think of anything good to say. "Ok, Steve like a band-aid." He whispered to himself and knocked on the door. There was no answer, he knocked again, and he raised his voice a little to be heard through the thick door. "Y/n? Kid I saw what was in your bag! We're not mad, we are just worried is all! Could you let me in!?"

He could hear her converse shuffling to the door and saw the shadow of her feet stop just before the door. "Please?" He asked stepping away for a second about to call Jarvis to open the door, but she opened it first. "Hey Kiddo." He whispered, she walked to the bed silently, and he trailed behind her. Closing the door quietly, sitting down with her.

"You want to tell me why those were in your bag." She shook her head 'no' and kept her head down. He pursed his lips, and nodded "you want to tell me where you got the gummies?" She looked up at him with slightly larger eyes. "Yes, we found the gummies." He said not even looking her in the eyes.

"I'm sorry." She whispered; he shook his head. "Save it, where did you get them, and why?" Steve asked sternly standing up and folding his arms in front of her. She sighed and looked down, "I want an answer Y/n?"

"Why do you care!? You aren't even my dad!?" "No, but right now your dad is worried sick! Just like Bruce and I, do you understand that!?" He raised his voice setting his hands on his hips. "Do you understand just how much we care for you!? Do you understand the consequences of your actions!?" She scoffed and looked away, "You guys don't care. You don't care, the only reason you even know me as well as you do is because I'm forced to box you."

Steve heart sank, "Where did you get the gummies?" He asked trying to keep his voice calm. "I stole them." She mumbled finally looking at his eyes. "From whom?"

"I saw them in my science teachers' desk, and I took them." Tony eyes widened at the recording, and he put his head in his hands. "Oh god." He mumbled, "Why were you breaking into your teachers' desk?" Steves voice wavered but he kept it calm, "he took my phone. I took it back, saw the gummies took them."

"Ok." Steve said sitting back down on her bed. She looked at him in pure confusion. "Ok?" He nodded, "You're not disappointed 'that someone so smart could make such a dumb mistake'?" She quoted hearing the phrase so many times on tv. "You already know that I'm disappointed in your actions. You already know that we all are. You already know that we are all worried about you. We know you're disappointed in yourself."

"So, what now?"

"Your dad is going to punish you; you're going to listen and never do this again."

She nodded, "Y/n?"

"Yeah?"

"If you even think about doing this again, I am going to run the vodka out of you. Are we clear?"

"Were clear." He stood up and walked to the door and before opening it he added, "and stop giving him so much grief. We know you went through something terrible. You have every right to grieve, but he just wants you to be happy." With that Steve left the room leaving Y/n to lay on her bed.

Staring up at the ceiling, "Tony I know your listening. I am so sorry. I just wanted to stop thinking." She said to the air, but she knew he was listening. He watched her with a heavy heart and teary eyes. "I know Pip." He whispered.