Ch. 20

"Bruce come look at this!" Tony yelled shoving the scope to his friend, his heart rate skyrocketing. Bruce looked at the contents for a few seconds then took a step back processing what he just saw. "Tony, do you know what this means?" 

"They want a new soldier." 

"An assassin, who needs to rely on them to just breath." Tony and Bruce stare at each other in horror. Tony sits on his stool pinching the bridge of his nose taking in a ragged breath. "And I'm the one who gave it to her. It's my fault she is like this, now she has these Bastards coming to hurt her." 

"Tony, were not helping her when we sulk like this." Bruce encouraged patting his friend on the back. "What we need is a way to stabilize her without the reactor. Without anything." They sat in tense silence. Thinking, racking their brains for any solutions, until it finally hits Tony like a frate train. "Holy shit." He mumbles looking up, "what?" Bruce asks hopeful, "Were idiots," 

"What?" 

"Were idiots. You know who is at our disposal?" Tony asked smugly, "who?" 

"Only the best god damn heart surgeon." Bruce shook his, "No, he hasn't worked in medicine in years. Not to mention he did neurosurgery." 

"So, the guy has a photographic memory. Not to mention he makes portals for a living; you're telling me his hands are still an issue?" Bruce looked at his friend apprehensive, then he glanced at the screen. Tony's daughter laid supine, she started to not even look herself. Losing the color in her cheeks. Her body becoming increasingly paler, their running out of time. He knows that. Tony more than knows that. He knows that Tony can't take another loss. He can't take this loss. She is his moon and stars, now his stars are falling, and they might not be able to catch them. "I'll give him a call." Tony sighs relieved, "thank you Bruce." 

Bruce gives his friend a nod and strides out of his lab, pulling out his phone. The phone rang twice before he answers, "Strange," the doctor answered, "Hey, this is Bruce Banner." 

"I know who it is I have caller I.D" Bruce rolled his eyes and laughed dryly. "Any way, look I need a favor." It took some explaining, and much persuading but the good doctor was in the compound within seconds. Asking which way to the patient. As Strange and Bruce were doing prep the lights started to go red and the sirens started to blare. "The hell?" Strange mumbled looking toward Bruce who immediately, called Tony, " Tony what's happening?"

"Hydra, coming on foot and in the sky. Bruce their here for her." 

"We're not going to let anything happen to her." Bruce looked toward Strange who was already making a portal. "We're going to move her to a place no one knows about. Not you. Not her. Not hydra. I'll perform the surgery as best as I can." Bruce nodded and helped him transport her to what looked to be a temple. "Thank you, Stephen." Bruce said earnestly looking down at the girl, who he has grown attached to. His niece. "Take care of her?" 

"With my life." Just like it appeared the portal closed with a snap. "Tony, I sent her with Strange their going to do the surgery." 

"Good jobs Bruce, let's take care of the threats."