Ch.5

"Miss Stark It's time to wake up." A loud voice cut through the silence making Y/n fall off the bed. "What?" "You have a long day ahead of you, your father is waiting downstairs. Your clothes have been washed and pressed ready for your mam." "Where are you?" Y/n asked looking around the room. "I am Jarvis, the starks artificial intelligence." "Oh, uh thank you Mr. Jarvis I'll be down in a bit.

Y/n walked into the bathroom and saw a hairbrush, toothbrush, and toothpaste. She got ready and heading downstairs finally looking around. Once Y/n finally made it downstairs she saw Tony at the island with Pepper who looked more professional than last night.

Y/n walked in awkwardly not really knowing what to do in this kind of situation. "Y/n your up, good how did you sleep?" Tony asked rounding the island to hand you a water bottle. "Alright" "Well we'll try and make your room more homy, today you just make a list of things you want, and I'll make sure you get it." "What? No, I'm not staying here." "Y/n you can't be alone, your sixteen and impressionable. It's my job to keep you safe -" "No it's not you don't even know me."

Tony walked back and stood by Pepper, gesturing for Y/n to sit. "I will know you that's my point. Look I know this is tough, ok I know but I care about you. Yes, it's confusing but I do, you say I don't know you fair. So, tell me who are you."

"I you can't be serious, you're an avenger you have better things to worry about than parenting. I just want to go home." "Y/n come sit we'll talk about this, but just eat something please." "I'm not that hungry." "You promised you would eat at least a few bites please." Y/n sat staring at the couple warily, "Look Tony I don't want to play little orphan Annie here. The one thing I want you can't give, ok. I don't want to burden you. Ok?" "That's not what's happening I have been where you are and it's terrible. I am your father like it or not and I will be taking care of you. I'll head down to the courthouse today to sign the papers."

"What! You didn't think about telling me this sooner! What if I don't want you to be my guardian, what is I want to be alone! Why would you even want to be my parent!" Y/n ran out of the room frustrated in what's happening. It's all too much way too soon. She just lost a parent now she gets sent to another who she has known for ten minutes. She ran into the room looked the door flopped down on the bed and cried into the pillow.

"I want my mom." Y/n sobbed into the pillow as she curled under the sheets. Tony ran after her and asked Jarvis to let him in. Once he got in, he wasted no time in enveloping Y/n in a hug trying to comfort her. "I want my mom" Y/n continued to sob into as she held onto Tony for dear life. "I know I'm so sorry. I know let it all out." Y/n continued to sob into his chest as he rubbed her back.

"Y/n, I know you think that I am just doing this because I feel I have to, but the real reason I'm doing this is because you're my daughter even if I'm late to the game. I promise you I did not know and if I did, I would not have pushed you away. I've been waiting for you my whole life. I just didn't know it till now."

"I'm sorry." "No, don't be sorry there's a lot of changes that's all." Tony held her whispering words of encouragement, "Hey you want to see something cool?" Y/n shook their head yes and Tony grabbed her hand excitedly heading to his lab. Showing off his work. "This guy is kind of like a helping hand around the lab. Oh, and this is a 3D computer system." Tony hit a button and a hologram surrounded the two. They laughed for hours finally having the time to bound. "You know what should make?" "What?" "A robot that runs on candy."

"Why?" "Because It would be awesome, and candy is one of my favorite things." They continued to throw around weird invention ideas. "So, do I make Pepper uncomfortable?" "Nah, she just doesn't know what to do around you that's all. We all just have to get used to each other that's all." They sat there in comfortable silence "I'm happy your here kid."