Ch. 24

The next morning Strange was at her door knocking, getting no answer. When he entered the young girl was still in her covers, fast asleep snores humming through the air. He slammed the door shut making her jump up. "What the hell!?" She shrieked looking at him with wide eyes, "the sun is up. Which means you are too." He says smugly, opening her window shutters, "Oh, I do not like you." She growls laying back down in her bed. Stephen shakes his head and taking the covers off of her making her shutter at the sudden cold. "Your father has warned me on your behavior when you're in a place you don't want to be in. Let me tell you, you're going to learn." 

She rolled her eyes, "Oh God, you run away one time and suddenly you have a reputation." Strange only hummed in agreement as he went around her room, gathering her outfit for the day. "What are you doing?" 

"Your clothes are not up to our standards here. You will wear these robes." He explained placing the robes down on the bed walking out the door to give her, her privacy. "Then you will meet me outside and I'll walk you to your first class." She nods and he leaves silently. she looks toward the robes then looks at the window. Silently she gets up and she shimmies her way up climbs out the window. Falling onto the ground landing on her butt with an oof. Scrambles up and is immediately met with Strange looking at her with an amused smug smile. "That was elegant." He sassed cocking his head to the side.  She rolled her eyes and looked at the ground, "I have to ask though, did you think it was going to work? I mean I expected more," she nodded, looking down sheepishly. "It was one of my worse escape Temps." 

"What were the better ones?" She looked up at him with a frown, "running to my mother's house in the pouring rain." He narrowed his eyes and straightened his posture. "I'm starting to see the family resemblance." He takes her arm and guides her back to her room, "now get dressed." He said sternly waiting just outside her door. 

-------------------

Y/n watched as Stephen taught a class on how to center their minds. She wasn't listening, she tried in the beginning then she got distracted by scenery around her. She would look around her, everyone was so immersed in what he was saying, and she was stuck looking at a tree with cherry blossoms falling from it. Strange kept glancing at her hoping she would focus in at any point, but he knew it would be fruitless. "Y/n!?" He asked abruptly carrying her out of her thoughts, "yeah?" she asked hesitantly, "what do you have to say about today's discussion?" Everyone looked towards her with curiosity, and she looked at Strange with a glare. "What about it?" 

"Any of it." She looked at Strange blankly, blinking a few times before taking in sharp breath. "Well, to be honest with you; I wasn't listening." This seemed to raise a few eyebrows of the students, however Strange just nodded, "why?" 

"I don't care about any of this. I'm forced to be here." He nodded before looking at the tree she was looking at. Contemplating for a few seconds then he continued; "why this tree?" He asked crossing his arms now fully facing it. "What?" 

"You were staring at the tree. Why?" She blinked a few times, "I just liked it." 

"Why? There are serval trees, yet you chose this one?" He turned back to her, taking a step forward. "Why this tree?" Her face started to go hot with every face staring at her. Everyone was staring at her, judging her, wondering why she was there. He was looking right through her. "It just a tree." She mumbled looking down, "That caught your attention," he said without hesitation narrowing his eyes. Prying deeper and deeper. "Why?" 

"For the love of god dude, fine! When I was younger, I had a fucking tree like that in my yard, okay! we would swing on it! We had a tire swing; I would swing on it!" Strange kneeled in front of her with a stoic gaze ignoring her glare. "Where is she now?" Y/n scoffed, "I should kick your ass." She mumbled to herself, but it was just loud enough for him to hear. "Where is she?" She pushed Stephen away from her, standing up and walking growling "go fuck yourself."