Ch.17

Tony sat in his lab fiddling with the tube of his I.V bag staring at the video playing, he doesn't even dare blink. His eyes burn, but he can't look away he doesn't know what to do. There are no thoughts running through his mind. It is almost every sense of Tony Stark has been lost. He watched the footage of her first getting there. He watched the moment that everything changed for them. He watched as he scolded her for running away. He watches her cry. He watched them hug. He would give anything to hug her again. memories of that night flashed through his mind.

Him flying though New York tears blinded him as he flew over the streets. Javis scanning everything he could in the radius. "Sir I believe we should land." 

"Did you find her!?" 

"No, but your heart rate is at an alarming rate. I believe if we continue you will pass out or worse in the next fifteen minutes."

"Sir -" 

"We keep going! Call Pepper see how she is going." 

"Sir the lightning will be more than likely to strike the metal of the suit. Especially at his height." 

"Call her."

Steve sat by her bed as Bruce ran some tests. " Has he left the lab?" Steve asked glancing at Bruce, but his eyes go back to her. "No, he has been watching her on the security tapes. Trying to figure out how to make it right from there." 

"Cause if he comes in here, he will break." Steve finishes taking Y/n hand his thumb rubbing it gently. "Can she hear us?" 

"I don't know, but it might make this easier if we believe we can." Steve sighs, "She had so much ahead of her. She could have head everything her ambitious little heart desired." Bruce says as places down the clipboard rubbing his temple. "You know I remember when I first met her. She was so excited that Tony made this gumball candy machine thing. She just woke up from to this surprise and in that moment I knew. Tony Stark will never be the same. Hell, he knew that."

Steve nods along with a small smile that quickly fades. "I keep thinking back to the last time I talked to her. She didn't think we cared for her. She said the only reason I know her is because I am forced to. I just asked where she got those stupid gummies. I didn't even tell her 'No'. That's not what I should have said." 

Bruce looks at Steve with furrowed brows "What should you have said?" 

"I should have said how much I care for her. I should have told her she made my life better, more normal. That is the little sister I wish I had." 

Bruce was about to comfort him when he got an idea. "The gummies." 

"What?" 

"The gummies, I thought to myself I didn't recognize the brand." 

"Bruce, I don't understand?" 

"I took several different things to make me more relaxed when the hulk and I weren't so good. I knew every decent weed associated thing on the market, but not those. Who did she take them from?" 

"Her science teacher but she didn't get me a name, but I can find it. You think they were laced?" 

"It would make sense, especially if the teacher is a Hydra agent. They have sophisticated tech in every genre of science. Especially health." 

"I'll head down to the school now and you go get the packet from the trash."