Ch. 23

The sun rose and blinded the Starks, both rubbing the sleep out of their eyes. Yn nuzzled further into her father's chest, shielding herself from the sun. "Morning, sweetheart." He mumbled and she only groaned, he rubbed her back with only lulled her back to sleep. "Hey, come on, we have to get up." 

"I disagree, home still waiting for us whether I sleep or not." She mumbled, and he sighed "actually, pip I need to talk to you about that." She opened her eyes and peeked up at her father, "what did you do?" 

"It wasn't exactly my idea, but it is a good idea." She sat up, "I'm going home and dealing with our hydra issue." 

"And I'm coming with you." Y/n finishes and Tony shakes his head. "Not this time Pip. You're going to stay here. Get healed up, learn some Zen or something, whatever they do here." 

"Whatever they do here? Are you serious? Dad, I'm coming home, I mean come on?" He shook his head, taking her hand in his. "I'm your father I'm making the big shots around here. I say you stay. I don't like it either, trust me. This is just what's best for what's right now." She looked into her father's eyes and saw nothing but honesty. Reluctantly she nodded, and he smiled kissing her forehead. "Thank you. I promise I'll deal with this as fast as I can." 

-------------------------------

She hugged her father 'goodbye' and watched as he walked through a portal reluctantly. With a frown she watched as the portal closed with a snap. Leaning on a nearby piler, she looks around at the people all the people doing drills. All look so stoic, like they know exactly what to do and when to do it. She sticks out like a sore thumb. Her gaze falls back on where the portal was and Strange was looking at her with a frown. She narrowed her eyes before turning away back to her room. 

She sat down on her bed staring up at her ceiling not really knowing what to do. If she was home, she would have gone down to her father's lab. Eating candy, and when she couldn't do that, she would more than likely be having Bruce help her with math homework. She would just sit in the lab and have them explain what science thing they were doing that day; did she know what they were talking about? No. Did she care? No. She just liked spending time with them. If it was a school day she would be sparing with Steve, gossiping about what was going on with the girls at her school that day. 

Now she doesn't even know where she is. She can't go home. A small knock on the door brings her out of her thoughts and she sighs, "come in." Strange walks and stands in her doorway with arms crossed. "Lunch will be served soon." 

"No thank you." He stared at her for a second, "I understand you don't want to be here, but you have to eat." 

"Or, what? You'll send me home?" He laughs to himself, "you are just like your father." He notes to himself. "You know if you would have said that to me a month ago, I don't think we could have been friends." 

"Look, Y/n the reason your here is simply for your own good. You can become the best version of yourself here." 

"Sounds like a cult." She hopped of the bed and peaked out her window seeing the class recite a spell. "Yep, definitely a cult." She opened her door for Strange and left with a glare. He knew he had a lot of work to do. Although he had time, and she has potential.