Ch.8

Rain poured from the clouds and soaked the young girl, as she walked down her old street. Shivers went down her spine as she went back to her old house. 'For sail sign' was in her old yard, and it made her ache. She walked through her old yard memories of her mother dance in her mind.

Creaking came from an old tree that stood in the lawn. It used to seem so lively and now it's as if it died with her mom. A tire swing hanged form the once strong branches. she could still fell the sunny summer days she spent on the old run-down swing. "Mom! Push me!" Her mother stopped her drawing and walked to her daughter. Her white dress blew in the wind. Her long brown hair danced around her head. "I'm coming, Y/n do you wanna fly?" She asked tickling the young girl.

"Yeah!" Katherine smiled at her daughter tenderly as she put her on the swing. She brought the swing high giving Y/n butterflies. And pushed making Y/n go flying into her old sandbox. She ran over to her daughter and started to play in the sand. "I love you N/n, angel." "I love you too mama." She said not looking up at her mother to distracted with drawing in the sand.

Suddenly she was brought back to reality with a loud crash of thunder. She walked up the steps and she stared at her old door taking a deep breath in and turns the knob to be met with it just being locked. She went under her old door mat and brought up a hidden key. Unlocking the door, and the whole house was grey and gloomy. The sky turned dark, and her house turned bland and grey. She walked in peeking around the old house.

Nothing was there, not her paints, not her pictures. No furniture no cheesy post it notes from her mother that was left all over the place. She walked up the stairs to her mother's room. It was all gone, she stood in the middle of the room. She takes a big breath in, and she breaks into tears. Collapsing to the floor. Sobbing as hard as she could, in the old dusty room. It was if the sky sobbed with her, as the rain crashed against the windows. "It's gone! It all gone; it doesn't even smell like her!" She sobbed into the air, "Why did you leave me! What do I do!?" She screamed in the emptiness as if somehow her mother will hear.

"Y/n honey! Are you here!" Heels clicked against the floor in a rush, her breath started to quicken. She couldn't breathe at all. Her whole body trembled. "Y/n, oh honey come here." She looked up and Pepper had her enveloped in a hug. Her back was against Peppers chest as she rocked her back and forth. hushing her "I got you; you'll make it through this I promise. We're here. You're not alone."

"I can't - breathe." Pepper rubs her arms and kisses her head lightly. "Follow my breathing sweetheart." Pepper starts to breath in nice and slow and Y/n mimics it as best she can. Soon they sat in a comfortable silence. "We've been worried sick; Tony has been calling you left and right. Why did you run?" She asks calmly but Y/n could hear the stricken in her voice. "I don't wanna be an Avenger. I don't want to be Tony Stark. I don't only want to be known has his daughter. I want my mom." "That's understandable, but honey I think you should do the training. I'm not saying become the next Iron man. Just when were not around you can protect yourself. Like it or not you are Tony's daughter. He does love you, we both do. You don't have to be the Stark girl, you can just be Y/n. If anyone has anything to say about it send them to me. Once we have your mother's funeral you can visit her every day I promise." 'But that's not her!' Y/n subconsciously screamed not having the energy to actually say it.

"Thanks Pepper." He mustered up with zero emotion in her voice.

"Sure Hun, but you might need to call your father he might burn the whole world down if he doesn't hear from you soon." Y/n nods in understanding, Pepper brings her up. "Let's go home honey, your dad is bringing home burgers and you have documents to sign for your new school." Y/n looks at her unsure, "I know this is fast Y/n, but we just want you to get back to normality." She nods and walks back outside where Happy is waiting in the car.

"Miss Stark, would you like the heater on, you look like your about to freeze." he asks turning the mirror to see her. "Yes, please." He nods and Pepper instructs them to drive home.