Ch.6

Tony sat at his lab table tinkering away his worries, as Y/n slept on his couch. Slouched over the arm, snoring lightly as she goes deeper and deeper into sleep. "Tony? You down here?" Bruce said as he ran down the stairs quickly punching in the code to the lab. "Right here jolly green." "Hey, I haven't seen you in days what's been going on? Who's that?" Bruce Walked closer to the girl about to push the hair out of her face to see who she was.

"Bruce, she's asleep let her be, and if you must know that my friend, is my daughter." "You have a daughter since when? Where did you get her?" "One I didn't buy her that's not how that works didn't mommy ever teach you about the birds and the bees. Second, I met her Tuesday, her mom died so I am taking her in. Ya know like a responsible father." "You responsible?" "What did you want again Bruce?"

"We need you for a mission tomorrow and we have a meeting here tomorrow." "I love how you guys tell me when I'm hosting." "It wasn't our choice, I thought we would get offices, but we can't because some genius thought it would be a good idea to build a monument of himself that a certain god destroyed." "Don't remind me, god I loved that tower."

The two sat in comfortable silence which happened often "What's that?" Bruce points slightly to the corner. To a huge gumball machine filled with different assortments of candy. "A candy machine, pip squeak asked for it." "Pip squeak?" "A nickname I'm trying out for her." "Oh my god, the Tony Stark going soft, all because of a kid he met week ago." "Shut up Bruce."

"Tony?" Y/n immediately yawning, "what time is it?" "About nine, you have been asleep for a sec, you feel, ok?" "Yeah, I'm cool it's I been really tired recently." "That's all the stress lately, if you need to talk, I'm here pipsqueak. I promise I'm a fine listener." Bruce stood there utterly confused in the change in the man, it was like listening to two completely different people. "Y/n this is a buddy of mine Bruce Banner, Banner this is Y/n my daughter." They shook hands and exchanged their hellos, until a squeal came out of Y/n.

Spooking both men, "You made it!" Y/n ran evidently toward the candy machine looking at all the flavors. "Yeah, well I had some extra scraps. Hey Y/n tomorrow I have a mission and there's a meeting so -" "More avengers, and I have to be on my best behavior." she said absentmindedly "New you got the genus gene."

"Wait who knows of you two?" Bruce asked stepping closer examining Y/n. "Just you and Pep why?" "Well don't you think some certain bad guys would like to get their hands on Tony Starks kid?" Tony pulled Y/n closer "I won't let that happen she will be fine." "Maybe, you should look into getting Y/n some training I'm sure Nat or even Steve would help her. Tony, I know it's hard to think About but maybe you should invest on preparing her." "To what become a hero?" "Hold on just a second, don't I have a say in this? I'm the one in question." Y/n interjects coming in-between the two. "Pipsqueak you he's right you have to be prepared. I'm not saying put on the suit be the next me, but I won't always be here. Tomorrow you're coming to that meeting, and we'll start your schedule." "Schedule?"

"Yeah, your schedule for schools, activities, and training." "What if I don't want to do any of that?" "Y/n it's for your own good, trust me. Go to the meeting, meet the crew you'll maybe make a friend. But as your father I am telling you go." Y/n was shocked, Tony has never played the 'I'm your parent' card before, she didn't really know what to do. Usually, her and her mom would compromise, but here it's you have to go. She sees what he is getting at, but she hates working out and socializing. She doesn't want to be known as Tony Stark's daughter she wants to be known as Y/n. That's all. "ok"