Ch. 22

Stephen received word that the fight was done, and Tony was ready to see her. The sun has already set at the temple. Tony looked around but Stephen made a bee line straight for Y/n room. Tony followed his chest heavy. He could feel his breath shortening. The world around him fading. He hasn't seen his daughter in so long. To see her smile. To hear her laugh. Stephen opened the door slowly peeking in and smiling slightly seeing Wong reading to her. He immediately stops hearing the floorboards creak. 

Tony Smiles at her in pure awe. It was like seeing her for the first time all over again. She looks up with worried eyes. He steps forward, he opened his mouth, but she interrupted before he could speak. "I'm sorry. I don't even know why I took those. I hated it." He sat down on her bed, holding her cheeks tears at the edges of his eyes. "Oh, my baby girl." He whispers, "you're ok," he brings her into a hug, and she was frozen for a few seconds, before she hugged back. Wong tapped Stephen and nodded toward the door and they both quietly left the two alone. 

"I'm so sorry dad." He kissed the bridge of her nose and brought her to his chest. "Don't be sorry. I love you so much." As he rocked her back and forth, he pulled her away slightly, "wait, you said you hated it. Do you mean the gummies?" She nodded, "Honey, why did you take those if you didn't want them." 

"My teacher had them in his desk. I was mad. I was mad at everyone." He nodded, bringing her back to his chest. "I missed you Pip. I'm not going to let anyone hurt you again. I promise." He rocked and hummed to her. Soon the draining of emotions got to her, and she soon fell asleep on her father's shoulder. Tony held his daughter, patting her hair down relishing this moment. Wishing he had more. She is almost an adult. He missed her whole childhood. Now, he is just cherished the small moments he can hold onto. Stephen knocked on the door lightly letting himself in. 

"Hey," Tony mumbled, Stephen only nodded pulling up a chair looking at Tony pointedly. "You're going to tell me something I don't like right?" Tony asked, and Stephen looked down, "well?" 

"Your daughter is a young girl in pain more ways than one. With soldiers coming after her who want to do God knows what to her." 

"Is there a point?"

"I think she would be safer here than there." Tony looked at him blanky, "No."

"Tony -" 

"Absolutely not I just got her. Now you want me to say goodbye again. No." Stehpen sighed looking down at the girl, and Tony held her closer to his chest. "I just got her back." He whispered in her hair. "Think of it like this; she will be safer, she will get stronger, mentally and physically. You make sure this problem gets resolved and we will help her heal. Simple as that." Tony looked toward the doctor with tired sunken eyes. "Can I just have tonight?" 

"Of course."